Display name:
Geico
Gonna get cold tonight! -15F

It's a 3 dog night.

No Tiger Woods jokes, please. :blowingkisses:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Remember the band?

I need thicker sheets, or bigger dogs. :rolleyes:

Sheets have no thermal retention capabilities at all. Get a good blanket and you'll be all right.

Winter blanket, thin summer blanket, wool blanket on top for heat retention. No dog required until -15F and interior temperatures in the +30's. Replace the summer blanket with a heated blanket and you're good to -25F.

Sheets have no thermal retention capabilities at all. Get a good blanket and you'll be all right.

Winter blanket, thin summer blanket, wool blanket on top for heat retention. No dog required until -15F and interior temperatures in the +30's. Replace the summer blanket with a heated blanket and you're good to -25F.
Sheets make the blankets tolerable. I hate soft stuff. I actually prefer cheaper sheets because they don't feel soft.

It may well be a three cat night in this household.

Which should prompt an interesting discussion of the +/- list of doghouses vs. cathouses.

Well I certainly rather spend the night in a cathouse than the doghouse.:rofl:

Which should prompt an interesting discussion of the +/- list of doghouses vs. cathouses.

Only dogs are allowed here. Cats absolutely hate me to the point they make terrorists look like submissive pacifists.

A dog sleeps on top of the blankets when it's cool. When it gets cold, they go straight under the blanket with you and rolls up in a ball which ignites their built in nuclear fusion reactor. The colder it gets, the the further under the blanket they go and the closer they get to you thus you stay warmer.

Our dog (terrier/poodle mix mutt) when I was a kid was an actual thermometer while camping. Warm night, outside the sleeping bag. Cool night, on the sleeping bag. Cool enough to zip the bag and he was inside the top of the bag with you. From there, the colder it got, the further down in the sleeping bag he went until he got to your feet. You knew what the outside temp was just by how far down in the bag he was at any given time.

Last edited:
Every night is a 3 dog night at my house.

I can dig it! It's a day later than the OP, but in this ongoing storm I've only been out of the house once today.

HR

Attachments

• Poa Sky.jpg
    Poa Sky.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PoA Tipper.jpg
    PoA Tipper.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PoA Ragdoll.jpg
    PoA Ragdoll.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 8
Back