24 months grounded

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
double posting this here and in Medical ( https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/hypothetically-speaking-si-type-event-while-on-basic-med.128305/ ) ... today I resigned from my flying club and begin a 24 month grounding, with hopes of re-evaluating my medical situation in 24 months or so.

Fortunately, my flying club has a deferred resignation, which will hold my flying credits on account for me, in the event I believe I am able to, and choose to fight the fight to re-instate my medical again (assuming I have no other issues during the next 24 months). If it looks like I have a chance at re-applying for a med again, I can then apply for membership with the club, and come back in with sort of "head of the line privileges" against other applicants.

Guess I need to pull the batteries from the Lightspeeds...

Sorry to hear Greg. I hope you make a full recovery. I also hope that when you start flying again in two years you take a CFI along for the first trip, so you don't ball the thing up.

My friends in our (now their) flying club have offered shared rides in the future, and one of the CFIIs there is a close friend, so I hope to take them up on their offers to stay in the air. If and when I choose to pursue reinstatement of my medical, and good Lord willing, I succeed, and get back into the club, our/their (dang, that's going to be hard to type) rules require annual proficiency checks, so you can bet I'll be proficient before going solo again.

Best of luck to you, Greg. Medical issues can be frustrating. Our club requires a full FAA flight review every year, so I understand that requirement. Not really a bad idea, in any case.

Don't be a stranger here.

Best of luck to you, Greg! Sorry to hear you’ve had to hang up the headset, but I hope it’s just a temporary stint and you’ll be back in the air in no time!

Keep us posted!

Back