2019 RAM 1500

DR750S

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DR750S
I just fell in love with a truck. Was never a truck guy, until now. This one did it. This one pushed me over the edge. I'm buying a Truck next year and it will be the RAM 1500 Longhorn. Can't wait! What do you all think of it? The last version merely captured my attention, but this version captured my heart:

rXD3Q29RLUgks9KvfZLvocDUBR4cmt.png

0GoScxZzhHmDVdnfz0LEFMiNddDufW.png

dBQzImERiFdizYG9bfEheLEu74hpuk.png

KsGwQ3tjjI5ip50JrA5DWfCA5zVGXz.png

oRuY0DTkVkeU2jVjlXnqRDnVxUYzS0.png

Not really a fan of that new front end at all, but whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just fell in love with a truck. Was never a truck guy, until now. This one did it. This one pushed me over the edge. I'm buying a Truck next year and it will be the RAM 1500 Longhorn. Can't wait! What do you all think of it? The last version merely captured my attention, but this version captured my heart:

rXD3Q29RLUgks9KvfZLvocDUBR4cmt.png

0GoScxZzhHmDVdnfz0LEFMiNddDufW.png

dBQzImERiFdizYG9bfEheLEu74hpuk.png

KsGwQ3tjjI5ip50JrA5DWfCA5zVGXz.png

oRuY0DTkVkeU2jVjlXnqRDnVxUYzS0.png
i want the same thing except the 2500. love the longhorn, though i'm no cowboy, it just feels right.

money being what it is, i'm probably going to gamble on a 2008 6.4 powerstroke and hope it holds together

Truck New price $50,000 value in 4 years $15,000
Airplane $50,000 sell in 4 years for $75,000
That's why I still drive my 2002 Suburban that I paid $3000 for 5 years ago :)

Does it come with one or two dresses..???

Just yankin' yo're chain..:lol::lol: Looks like a busy interior. I like the burgundy color most.

The fender badges being moved to the hood look odd. Headlights look “squinty” with the way the front grill/hood tapers. The large touchscreen looks like it was copied from a Tesla, and that’s not a compliment. I like the looks of the current Ram (minus Rebel), but they went the wrong direction on exterior appearance on this one.

Chevy went god-awful ugly, too. Ford is probably still the best on appearance for me, but I’d only go with the Lariat or higher models.

All of them have gone bat**** on pricing. I’ll be waiting to pick up a 2-3 yr old truck (or older n a diesel) next time I’m in the market for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you looked at used truck prices lately? I bought a 3 year old truck but wish I could have found a decent 4 year old 50k new truck for 15k.

I’ve always been a Mopar/Jeep/Dodge guy. Have 2 Jeeps and a Dodge in the garage right now. That truck is horrible. It’s ugly, the interior is embarrassingly gaudy, and it’s ugly. Also, it’s terribly ugly. Hate to say it, but Ram trucks have lost my support. Fiat has driven me away. At least the Hellcats and Demons are badass, so there’s that. Otherwise, FMC is ruining three solid brands of great vehicles.

I love the interior but am not a fan of the exterior. At the end of the day I am still skeptical of Fiat/Chrysler reliability which is what would keep me from buying one.

If only you could get the exterior of the GM trucks, with the interior of the Ram, and the power train options and price of an F150...

i want the same thing except the 2500. love the longhorn, though i'm no cowboy, it just feels right.

money being what it is, i'm probably going to gamble on a 2008 6.4 powerstroke and hope it holds together

I didn’t do well on a similar gamble when I tried it. :(

Chick truck.

Says Ted.

Wrong. Needs to be a 2500/3500 with a Cummins.

Don’t like the rotary gear selector.

243eedd014d36a564dad24d9b98b8c98.jpg
I don't understand the hate for the rotary gear selector. There's no reason to dislike it. It doesn't take up space in the middle of the console (opens up steering column for other stalks in that configuration), and fewer mechanical parts to fail. The comment above is funny, but wouldn't happen in reality. All of the auto makers with rotary/push button gear selectors have software that will lock out any gear selections once moving (other than neutral). You could put it in park while going 50mph down the road, but the tranny isn't going to shift into park until you come to a stop or close to it. Moral of the story, they simplified the gear selector by making it smaller. Ford/Lincoln/Jaguar have been using that rotary gear selector for years before Dodge added it, and no one's been complaining. Hell, I believe there was a car back in the 50's that had a push-button auto tranny.

Don’t like the rotary gear selector.

I looked for that - they offset them so the volume knob is way higher than the gear selector now. Must have been a real thing.

I wonder how many people reposted that but never noticed the pistol.

I don't know why the column shifter was phased out, it was the perfect solution. Didn't take up interior room, gave you a place to rest your arm when changing the radio, and didn't require looking down to put it in gear.

I don't know why the column shifter was phased out, it was the perfect solution. Didn't take up interior room, gave you a place to rest your arm when changing the radio, and didn't require looking down to put it in gear.

The rotary knob costs a lot less to make.

I'm really excited for this truck to hit the market! I bet everyone at Ford is too! People will finally see that Dodges are ridiculous and they should buy Ford ;).

Actually though, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a truck styled that badly, but again, Ford guy.

I'm really excited for this truck to hit the market! I bet everyone at Ford is too! People will finally see that Dodges are ridiculous and they should buy Ford ;).

Actually though, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a truck styled that badly, but again, Ford guy.

The only Ford truck that looks good is the Raptor. The others are just as generically ugly as the new Rams. The Fiestas look meaner than their trucks!

I give you, the 2019 Silverado. The added all sorts of unnecessary body lines, oval-ed the wheel arches, made headlight/fender design that mimics the new Fords, and copied the bumper-integrated exhaust tips from Dodge.

2018-silverado-design-04.jpg

If only you could get the exterior of the GM trucks, with the interior of the Ram, and the power train options and price of an F150...

A Ford body with a Cummins engine and an Allison transmission.
We have light duty chassis from all three in the firehouse and they all suck one way or the other once you put them to work.

I give you, the 2019 Silverado. The added all sorts of unnecessary body lines, oval-ed the wheel arches, made headlight/fender design that mimics the new Fords, and copied the bumper-integrated exhaust tips from Dodge.

2018-silverado-design-04.jpg
I love the new GM designs. The short overhangs are a nice touch. My favorite looking of all the current trucks. Hate the interior though and I just cannot fathom why the 5.3 is still the standard engine. The 6.2 should be standard in anything other than a WT.

A Ford body with a Cummins engine and an Allison transmission.
We have light duty chassis from all three in the firehouse and they all suck one way or the other once you put them to work.
I would still take the Duramax over the Cummins. The Cummins has seen it's day come and go and just isn't competitive anymore.

Oh good, it's been a while since we've had a good ol' fashioned Ram/Ford/Chevy contest.

I chose the order of those three intentionally, since anyone who still buys a Chevy... oh wait, I'm a mod. ;)

I get a brand new one every three years and it costs me nothing. I love them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I love the new GM designs. The short overhangs are a nice touch. My favorite looking of all the current trucks. Hate the interior though and I just cannot fathom why the 5.3 is still the standard engine. The 6.2 should be standard in anything other than a WT.

EPA-mandated fuel mileage/CAFE regulations. The same reason why Chevy ran commercials for the past 2-3 years talking about how their truck didn't use aluminum like Ford, then changed their truck to use aluminum, lol. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 6.2L phased out of the 1500-models and a forced induction V6 thrown in to compete with Ford's EB v6.

If you are looking for a confirmation or affirmation of an opinion (virtually any opinion), you have come to the wrong place. These guys are worse than a woman about finding fault with a guy's ideas.

btw, I like that truck.

I remember my dad had an army green Chrysler with a push button similar to the one pictured.

PushButtons.jpg

I would still take the Duramax over the Cummins. The Cummins has seen it's day come and go and just isn't competitive anymore.

I left a Duramax powered ambulance behind at a training course 2hrs away from base this past sunday ;-)

I remember my dad had an army green Chrysler with a push button similar to the one pictured.

PushButtons.jpg

My grandfather bought one of those back when they were new. It didn't last long - one day he pushed the button to change gears, and the button went all the way through the dash. Called up the dealer told them to take it back, he was done with it. Did similar when he bought a Lincoln Continental convertible new and the top got stuck pointed straight up and down. Except in that case he drove it to the dealer like that and traded it on a hardtop.

I didn’t do well on a similar gamble when I tried it. :(

Wrong. Needs to be a 2500/3500 with a Cummins.
i dunno, the engine only has 4 main ways to kill itself

1. hydrolock and block windowing cuased by excess oil sloshing from turbo into cylinder
2. cavitation on water pump pumping coolant into lubrication
3. DPF clean cycle causing #7,8 cyclinders to get washed down and go to zero compression
4. injector pump stuff

did you have a 6.4 or a 6.0?

not true on diesels. is true on the 1/2 ton gassers.

3/4 ton diesels in PNW. new 46k, 4 year old 42k (and the new one in 4 years sells for 50k)

i dunno, the engine only has 4 main ways to kill itself

1. hydrolock and block windowing cuased by excess oil sloshing from turbo into cylinder
2. cavitation on water pump pumping coolant into lubrication
3. DPF clean cycle causing #7,8 cyclinders to get washed down and go to zero compression
4. injector pump stuff

did you have a 6.4 or a 6.0?

I had a 6.0, and a 2003 at that. The 6.4 was a better engine than the 6.0 and I don't know its weak points very well. However I know they had their issues when new. A guy who was looking at buying my F-350 had a 6.4 that they'd had to do head gaskets and stud and talked like that was a common thing those engines needed. There were teething issues when new, I don't know the details of them though. A coworker of mine had worked on the twin-turbo setup for that engine.

Ultimately Ford seemed happy to sever the relationship with International/Navistar after the issues the 6.0 and 6.4 had, hence why they went ahead and developed the 6.7 which seems to be a better engine.

Back