2017 AOPA Regional Fly-In locations announced

JustinD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JustinD
Browsing the web and I saw that the 2017 AOPA Regional Fly-Ins were announced (link at the bottom).

Looks like this year is
Camarillo, CA (KCMA) - Apr. 28-29
Norman, OK (KOUN) - Sept. 8-9
Groton, CT (KGON) - Oct. 6-7
Tampa, FL (KTPF) - Oct. 27-28

I'll probably go to the one at TPF, its a short hop for me across I-4. I went to the one in SSI 2 years ago and it was a good time and a neat little fly-in event to get together browse the airplanes and what not.

Anyone planning on going to any of these?

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2016/december/08/aopa-builds-on-fly-in-success

Hmmm... the Camarillo one might be fun. Good to get a milkshake from the cafe on field, provided after paying taxes I have any money left for fuel and food.

Seems like they're alternating years with coastal and fly-over states. Well, Norman, OK... ummm... NSSL tour and then what?

For those of us who do this strictly as a hobby, it's the 'then whats' that can make all the fun. None of these are close to me. Norman is 737 nauticals - I'm sure I could find plenty of interesting stuff along the way. There's a data center in Branson I'd love to check out for example.

Browsing the web and I saw that the 2017 AOPA Regional Fly-Ins were announced (link at the bottom).

Looks like this year is
Camarillo, CA (KCMA) - Apr. 28-29
Norman, OK (KOUN) - Sept. 8-9
Groton, CT (KGON) - Oct. 6-7
Tampa, FL (KTPF) - Oct. 27-28

I'll probably go to the one at TPF, its a short hop for me across I-4. I went to the one in SSI 2 years ago and it was a good time and a neat little fly-in event to get together browse the airplanes and what not.

Anyone planning on going to any of these?

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2016/december/08/aopa-builds-on-fly-in-success

I fly out of KTPF as a student now so I will most likely be there. Depends on if the real boss (spouse) has any other plans for us that come up then but it's unlikely.

Someone should post a poll to see who's planning for these events

I fly out of KTPF as a student now so I will most likely be there. Depends on if the real boss (spouse) has any other plans for us that come up then but it's unlikely.

Suggest you get your reservation date set up first!

Back