2014 6Y9 season may start late

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
Was up this past weekend and although temps were pleasant the airstrip has not dried out yet. Geese were swimming at the west end.
I'm hoping things dry out by June 1st ,normal opener is May 15th.
Still a patch of snow along the runway.
Cones are out windsock up we now need a couple of dry weeks.:yes:

I've been wondering. It certainly looked like they were still getting hammered on occasion up there, even recently.

They were hammered and it stayed cold( that's UP reeeeelly cold ) all winter.
Supposed to snow this Thursday from what locals said, I sure hope not.
On the positive side it may kill more bugs:yes:

I think a few people have been hammered at 6Y9...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Either that or no recollection...

The thought of Winters dancing on a table is quite frankly frightening

Last edited:
I think a few people have been hammered at 6Y9...

I-Know-Nothing.jpg

Snow in the U.P. the past few hours

I live about 70 miles east of 6Y9 and this is what it looked like out of my front door this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
Down here in the land Under the Bridge all of the flowering trees are in bloom, and many of the smaller trees are almost in full leaf already. Not that it's especially warm (5C this morning), but at least it isn't snowing.

I've been going to the UP(Sidnaw) 57 years now and have learned to be patient.
Locals know summer starts July 1st and ends July 2nd :yesnod:

A few days ago I had planned to ride my motorcycle to work today. I guess I'll have to wait.

Hi Gary
What the heck? Won't ride your MC? I remember seeing a guy riding a 750 Honda on about Nov. 24th 1978 in a snowstorm going through Marquette on our drive back home from deer camp. 3-4" of snow on the road---crazy!!
He should have had a ski on each foot ,but then again it would be hard to shift:hairraise:

It never failed. Each spring in Alaska the AF would open the base to motor cycles and almost every spring I would end up downtown Fairbanks while it started to snow. It was a 25 mile ride back to Eielson. I was much younger then.

It never failed. Each spring in Alaska the AF would open the base to motor cycles and almost every spring I would end up downtown Fairbanks while it started to snow. It was a 25 mile ride back to Eielson. I was much younger then.

That's when you see how good you really are...I've done a little snow riding on a street bike...I was much younger then too.

Hi Gary
What the heck? Won't ride your MC? I remember seeing a guy riding a 750 Honda on about Nov. 24th 1978 in a snowstorm going through Marquette on our drive back home from deer camp. 3-4" of snow on the road---crazy!!
He should have had a ski on each foot ,but then again it would be hard to shift:hairraise:
Yoopers ride special fat tire bicycles all year, even in the snow. A lot of people ride motorcycles as soon as the snow melts. I'm too chicken to ride my Harley when the roads are not completely dry and I'm not enthusiastic about riding in cold weather. I will just have to wait a bit longer.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Wheres global warming when you need it?????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The weather has improved substantially in the UP today. It's a sunny 63 degrees right now.

6Y9 is now rolled and mowed. Runway has dried up pretty well.
Black Flies are in abundance.

Snow is gone, but as of this weekend there was still ice in the bay at Marquette.

So, are you guys going to be up there 4th of July weekend by chance?

That's possible! It's hotter than hell down here already. 90dF and 1,000% RH. I'll have to talk to the boss.

That's possible! It's hotter than hell down here already. 90dF and 1,000% RH. I'll have to talk to the boss.

No kidding. I'm heading to Branson next week. Fortunately, most activities are indoors.

I think he did, Ted has the hair right!!!!!

I think Ted wizzed by me in his green machine at a traffic light Tuesday of this week.

I think is was a low flyby

Back