2013, So who is going ?

Well, now that Cirrus is the training plane of the air force academy, sooner or later SR20s are going to show up in 'warbirds' ;).

Heck, I'm flying a civilian version of the T-52A. That's 1.857142857142857 times more warbirdy than T-28 - can I park there? :D

Skipping this one. Skipped the one last year too. Went every year for seven years straight before that. Last couple of years went with some friends, rented fancy houses etc - killed it for me. Camping is a must for enjoying the EAA. Didn't want to go last year, and not going this year because of a 6 mo's old. Next year she's going to be older - maybe then.

I cant make it during the week and was thinking that trying to come in on the Saturday would be one of the busiest times to try to get it. Doesn't sound like a fun time to be in the air with everyone else if I can avoid it. Is it worth flying up Sunday? Or do most vendors start packing up Sunday early?

In my opinion it is not worth flying in on the last day. What used to be the climactic last day of Airventure has lately become something of a whimper, with vendors bugging out early and very low attendance.

I liked it better when EAA did the "Warbird Spectacular" on Sunday. That kept everyone around till the end. We still stay till the end, though. :D

Heck, I'm flying a civilian version of the T-52A. That's 1.857142857142857 times more warbirdy than T-28 - can I park there? :D

Skipping this one. Skipped the one last year too. Went every year for seven years straight before that. Last couple of years went with some friends, rented fancy houses etc - killed it for me. Camping is a must for enjoying the EAA. Didn't want to go last year, and not going this year because of a 6 mo's old. Next year she's going to be older - maybe then.

The 6 month old is easier to handle at OSH than the 1.5 year old will be.

Been there, done that. With two kids. :lol:

I'll be out for the last Saturday. New job=little vacation time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Saturday thru Thursday for me. Come to the "I-195" area and say hi. We will be holding up the south end of the Round Engine Rodeo.

I saw that junky old 195 parked at Gastons last month but didn't get a chance to find you and say hi before I heard you cranking to leave. :p

Hope to see you at OSH. Do you know Ron in Muskogee, OK who has one painted almost exactly like yours? I flew directly from Gastons to Muskogee and ended up talking to him on the ramp.

Saturday thru Thursday for me. Come to the "I-195" area and say hi. We will be holding up the south end of the Round Engine Rodeo.

Found a 1.5" crack near the hub of my wood prop this weekend. Have to order a new prop tomorrow, so there goes my Oshkosh travel budget for this year. Only if I miraculously get the new prop shipped and installed, and another miracle to scrounge up the travel money, it looks like I'm out this year. :(

The 6 month old is easier to handle at OSH than the 1.5 year old will be.

Been there, done that. With two kids. :lol:

Oh boy.. A friend of mine waited till his was 2.5 yrs old - wonder if I'll have to skip the next one too.
Or buy a big ol' camper and drrrrrive to OSH. Haven't done that yet.

Found a 1.5" crack near the hub of my wood prop this weekend. Have to order a new prop tomorrow, so there goes my Oshkosh travel budget for this year. Only if I miraculously get the new prop shipped and installed, and another miracle to scrounge up the travel money, it looks like I'm out this year. :(

Ouch! That really sucks!

Tiffany and Mike will be camping in Scholler from Sun - Sat.

We'll be at the Hops party with six packs of Moerlein, Mt Carmel, MadTree, or Double Barrel in hand. There are sooo many good breweries in Cincinnati.

I saw that junky old 195 parked at Gastons last month but didn't get a chance to find you and say hi before I heard you cranking to leave. :p

Hope to see you at OSH. Do you know Ron in Muskogee, OK who has one painted almost exactly like yours? I flew directly from Gastons to Muskogee and ended up talking to him on the ramp.

Wayne, I was mostly sitting on my hands at Gaston, didn't know anyone there since Bockelman skeedattled as soon as I got in the pattern. Come and sit in the shade at OSH. I should know Ron in Muskogee and it will all come to me soon.:yes:

I'll probably stop by Saturday/Sunday this weekend. Plan on being up there wed night - Saturday as well.

Look forward to seeing all of you

Pete

Ouch! That really sucks!

New prop is supposed to be here this Friday. Now I just need to convince myself to charge myself even deeper into credit card debt just to spend a couple days at Oshkosh.... that is if the new prop install goes smoothly.

Flying in Saturday evening or Sunday morning with plans on camping under the wing of the club 182! Complete with STOL leading edge and wing tips. Any meet ups planned? Also, any thoughts on how packed in the North 40 will be by mid day Sunday?

Flying in on Wednesday morning and staying thru Sunday.

BTW, any questions about WI towns, let me know. I grew up there. A few great stops: From the West: KEAU. AWESOME restaurant and a friendly tower. KFCM typically inexpensive 100LL over at inflight/Modern. From the South, KUES Friendly tower, and a very friendly Airport Manager. Waukesha is a nice town, but not much by the field. From the North, KGRB, Good services, short hop to KOSH, and a few nicer hotels with shuttles. Lastly, from the SW, KMSN! Wisconsin Aviation has a post that says "No ramps fees, we prefer to earn your business". The line is great, the fuel is fair, and the approach controllers are pretty good.

I'll probably stop by Saturday/Sunday this weekend. Plan on being up there wed night - Saturday as well.

Look forward to seeing all of you

Pete

Stop by the North 40 and we can take our classic photo with toes! :D

Let's plan another dinner like we did last time with the PoA folks. :) Ohh, and can I have a ride?

I will be there. Flying in on Sunday, and leaving is Tentative. Maybe Thursday, maybe Friday, Maybe Saturday?

Anyone there already? I will be there tomorrow afternoon.

I saw a few planes flying over my house in the general direction of Oshkosh yesterday. Not sure if that was there destination, but I don't usually get a lot of traffic where I'm at. But I'm also a bit farther east of most travel routes, unless you follow the coast of Lake Michigan, so maybe it was just coincidence.

I saw a few planes flying over my house in the general direction of Oshkosh yesterday. Not sure if that was there destination, but I don't usually get a lot of traffic where I'm at. But I'm also a bit farther east of most travel routes, unless you follow the coast of Lake Michigan, so maybe it was just coincidence.

My wife said the same thing today from our house in Waukesha County! I'm sure that's what it is.

I signed up for a 12:20 - 4:20 pm slot on the flight line for this Saturday. I'm doing traffic, not parking. Two years ago I got stationed at taxiway Bravo 1 and stood less 50 feet from the green dot. What an awesome vantage point.

Any POAers landing during that period, I'll be watching you! :)

I'll be there on Saturday most likely.

I'll be there Saturday, as will Greg and Sharon B, who will be driving instead of flying. :(

I'm out. :mad:

The contract I'm on was supposed to be awarded 60 days ago following a recompete, they gave a 30 day extension, then today another 30 day extension.
Can't spend the money not knowing if I'll have a job in 35 days.. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

That's no excuse. I'm going and know for sure that I won't have one.

I'm out. :mad:

The contract I'm on was supposed to be awarded 60 days ago following a recompete, they gave a 30 day extension, then today another 30 day extension.
Can't spend the money not knowing if I'll have a job in 35 days.. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

I wondered why the increase in traffic today. I noticed more planes than normal today, that could be it. But then again I'm in the SW corner of the state so I'm not so sure they were all headed to Oshkosh or just taking in the perfect weather.

Alas, I will not be able to make it this year. As much as I'd love to, we have plans this weekend. Next year though, it's on my list.

I wondered why the increase in traffic today. I noticed more planes than normal today, that could be it. But then again I'm in the SW corner of the state so I'm not so sure they were all headed to Oshkosh or just taking in the perfect weather.

Alas, I will not be able to make it this year. As much as I'd love to, we have plans this weekend. Next year though, it's on my list.

Um, it hasn't even started this weekend. The official start is Monday, and it goes through next Sunday!

I safety piloted yesterday for someone who is going... that's about as close as I'm going to get this year.

Still planning on a Sunday departure. There is some wx forecast for Saturday.

Same here, Doctor. We're heading for KIOW tomorrow (Saturday) morning, spending the night with our son in Iowa City. We will then press on to OSH Sunday morning.

We should be enjoying mint juleps with you (well, okay, beer) Sunday night -- just look for the only blood red RV in the North 40. (A guy from our group is already in Row 505, trying to hold me a spot. We will see if that works!)

I'm going to try and get an end spot for my canopy. Might come and visit Sunday night after I get done cooking (and eating of course) my dinner.

That's assuming the wx doesn't crap out totally and keep me on the ground. Wouldn't rule it out this year either.

Looks like rain will be hitting Oshkosh later today. Been raining for a couple of hours in southeastern Wisconsin. The forecast calls for rain tomorrow, but not as much.

I'm going to try and get an end spot for my canopy. Might come and visit Sunday night after I get done cooking (and eating of course) my dinner.

That's assuming the wx doesn't crap out totally and keep me on the ground. Wouldn't rule it out this year either.

Yeah, I'm hoping to shoot the gap between systems that they keep promising to develop, from TX to IA. As always, I'm taking the prog charts with a grain of salt, but so far it's looking like tomorrow is doable, with Sunday even better.

Oh, well. Flying VFR 1200 miles in July is always an adventure. Hell, if it was easy, everyone would do it.
:)

Got the camper all set up right next to the showers. Just a touch of bad rain for a few min. Suns coming up now though.

Back