2013 College Football Thread.

Not too hard considering their schedule. If you want a real challenge play a team from the SEC.

The Auburn Alabama game should be very good today. War Eagle!

Yeah, and watch what happens when Florida (SEC) meets FSU (lowly ACC). :D

Yeah, and watch what happens when Florida (SEC) meets FSU (lowly ACC). :D

every conference has its turds. Strangely enough, it's UF this year. The ACC had a fluke year with 2 strong teams. Unfortunately for Clemson, they are in the same division as FSU.

IMO, FSU is the team with the best chance to take the NC from Alabama. Of course, this assumes Alabama beats Auburn later tonight.

My two favorite teams are Ga. Tech and anyone that plays Georgia!
GO Missouri! and "To Hell with Georgia?

Saturday's score:
Ga Tech 56, Syracuse (who?) ZERO!
GEORGIA 27! Vanderbilt 31! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A perfect football weekend. And the Atlanta Falcons beat the Tampa Bucs, just to top it off. :goofy:

That's gotta sting :sad:

Georgia prevails over Georgia tech after coming back from 21 points behind.

And Auburn returns the failed field goal attempt for a touchdown and wins! War Eagle! Amazing game!

Last edited:
The Golden Egg is back in Starkvegas, where God intended it to be.

Gosh dang right!

I was in the PGM program there for a year back in 92-93.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

If you want a real challenge play a team from the SEC.

Or just watch a couple Big 12 teams go to the SEC and do WAY better than they ever did in the Big 12.

Hell, Texas and Oklahoma should be foaming at the mouth to get in to that conference after the way they owned Mizzou and aTm all these years.

Or just watch a couple Big 12 teams go to the SEC and do WAY better than they ever did in the Big 12.

Hell, Texas and Oklahoma should be foaming at the mouth to get in to that conference after the way they owned Mizzou and aTm all these years.

Too bad Texas got smoked by a 3-5 SEC team, yet went 7-1 in the UT conference.

Two miracles in a month. That's Divine intervention. Underestimate Auburn at your peril.

Miracle #1

Miracle #2

One more of these and Malzahn is eligible for sainthood.
War Damn Eagle!

Two miracles in a month. That's Divine intervention. Underestimate Auburn at your peril.

Miracle #1

Miracle #2

War Damn Eagle!

This is why Iove college football. :yes:

Both great games, both unbelievable finishes. The second one possibly taking #1 Alabama out of the national title hunt. Amazing.j

Last edited:
This is why Ilove college football. :yes:

Both great games, both unbelievable finishes. The second one possibly taking #1 Alabama out of the national title hunt. Amazing.j

I know it won't happen but it would be awesome if OSU and FSU lose and AU wins......REMATCH!!!!!

I know it won't happen but it would be awesome if OSU and FSU lose and AU wins......REMATCH!!!!!

I dunno, the way the Bucks barely squeaked out a victory against unranked Michigan, all bets are off. That said, the OSU/Michigan game is a special case. That's the pivotal game every year. The Bucks will be forgiven at home for loosing to anyone else. Just not Michigan.

Carolina really needs to send Clemson a really nice gift basket for giving them the game last night. That was horrible. I unfortunately predicted something like that would happen. Turnovers were the key in that game.

I dunno, the way the Bucks barely squeaked out a victory against unranked Michigan, all bets are off. That said, the OSU/Michigan game is a special case. That's the pivotal game every year. The Bucks will be forgiven at home for loosing to anyone else. Just not Michigan.

After the FIGHT broke out in the OSU/MICH game, I had to go see what the final score was (I was watching it on DVR.) My ticker couldn't take the thought of a perfect season ruined by the team up north.

I live a stones throw from the 'Shoe and want to thank whoever paid off Michigan's coach to not go for the field goal try.

On an aviation-related note, I did fly to the Purdue game this year. Now that's how to have fun with an airplane. :yesnod:

it's crazy how well TA&M and Mizzou have done since joining the SEC. No one had Mizzou on the radar for the East, and then they go and win the division. It's a toss up b/t them and Auburn for the SEC championship IMO.

War Damn Eagle!

You can always count on us (Auburn) being tenacious! Win or lose, we DO NOT give up! It is a good life lesson that goes well beyond the field.

Jim
(Auburn EMBA 2008)

OSU might lose, but I'd give away both my kidneys if FSU loses to Duke.

:D I don't expect FSU to have any problem with a much improved Duke team. My what ifs are: What if Missouri beats Auburn, real possibilty AND Mich State beats OSU another real possibility?? Does Alabama play FSU? Would Missouri play FSU? :confused::confused:
Anyway I look at it a Southern team will be National Champion, either FSU or an SEC team. :D I just do see OSU hanging with FSU, Alabama, Auburn or even Missouri. :rolleyes:

:D I don't expect FSU to have any problem with a much improved Duke team. My what ifs are: What if Missouri beats Auburn, real possibilty AND Mich State beats OSU another real possibility?? Does Alabama play FSU? Would Missouri play FSU? :confused::confused:
Anyway I look at it a Southern team will be National Champion, either FSU or an SEC team. :D I just do see OSU hanging with FSU, Alabama, Auburn or even Missouri. :rolleyes:

just from personal experience, UGA was kept (partly) from the NC game in the 2007 season b/c they didn't compete in the SEC championship game. Although UGA had the same SEC record, UT had head to head tie breaker. A lot of commentators said the same thing, "how can you be the national champ if you didn't win your conference?"

I dunno, this will be a crazy year. The 4 team playoff starts next year, doesn't it? Not a minute too soon.

Yep South teams are the finest money can buy:rofl::stirpot:
:popcorn:

On U of M vs OSU both defenses forgot to show up.OSU overated this year, Mich. almost got em, but a non factor team this year(and the last few)
Ala.vs Auburn one of the best finishes ever.( That's what you get Sabin for leaving MSU:wink2:)

Yep South teams are the finest money can buy:rofl::stirpot:

On U of M vs OSU both defenses forgot to show up.OSU overated this year, Mich. almost got em, but a non factor team this year(and the last few)
Ala.vs Auburn one of the best finishes ever.( That's what you get Sabin for leaving MSU:wink2:)

OSU's defense has been very soft this year, a real shame given historically that's what Big Ten teams are known for.

No thankfully. Never been to one in Columbia

Too bad Texas got smoked by a 3-5 SEC team, yet went 7-1 in the UT conference.

yes it is. That means every single team Texas beat would lose to Ol Miss. Thats how it works, right?

My Alma Mater (does grad school count?) NIU is playing Bowling Green....

This is what I will be doing Friday night...

yes it is. That means every single team Texas beat would lose to Ol Miss. Thats how it works, right?

Yes, that's the "Transitive Property of College Football"

Mississippi State would have won the Big Texas+9 since they beat Ole Miss and therefore would beat anyone else who beat Texas :rofl:

Last edited:
War Damn Eagle! Look out FSU, assuming they can eventually score against powerhouse Duke. Ohio State is not doing too well against Michigan State.

War Damn Eagle! Look out FSU, assuming they can eventually score against powerhouse Duke. Ohio State is not doing too well against Michigan State.

Tie score, and now INTERCEPTION! O-H-I-O!

Back