2013 College Football Thread.

Capt.Crash'n'Burn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Capt.Crash'n'Burn
Why hasn't one been started already??

Just watched Missouri beat up on Georgia 41-26. TAKE THAT SEC!!!

Personally, I've been a Ducks fan since before it was cool. Growing up in Nebraska I still follow the Huskers too. Speaking of the huskers, they beat up on Purdue pretty good today.

Can't wait to see the Ducks take on the Washington Huskies, should be a good game.

GO DUCKS!!!

I think Mizzou is in SEC as of last year....but happy they won since my tuition dollars for my kid goes there...but you're right...wonder why one hasn;t been started until now

My Longhorns thumped OU. Mack Brown may survive to coach another year after all.

Ducks win over Huskies, 45-24 and it wasn't even that close.

Given the fact that Washington gave Stanford such a tuff time, hopefuly the Ducks can beat the Cardinal this year. :cool:

My Longhorns thumped OU. Mack Brown may survive to coach another year after all.

Way to rub it in :). I had to eat a LOT of crow. At least now won't have to listen to " could OU be in the Nat'l Championship" . We weren't good enough before Texas game. Alabama & Ducks are men playing amongst boys.

Personally, I've been a Ducks fan since before it was cool. Growing up in Nebraska I still follow the Huskers too. Speaking of the huskers, they beat up on Purdue pretty good today.

Can't wait to see the Ducks take on the Washington Huskies, should be a good game.

GO DUCKS!!!

Missouri is SEC, so an SEC team had to "take that". Sort of like the 2011 BCS game, 2011 was the only way an SEC team could lose the BCSNCG.

2006 January 8, 2007 2 Florida (SEC) Champs 41 1 Ohio State(Big Ten) Champs 14
2007 January 7, 2008 2 LSU(SEC) Champs 38 1 Ohio State(Big Ten) Champs 24
2008 January 8, 2009 2 Florida(SEC) Champs 24 1 Oklahoma(Big 12) Champs 14
2009 January 7, 2010 1 Alabama(SEC) Champs 37 2 Texas(Big 12) Champs 21
2010 January 10, 2011 1 Auburn(SEC) Champs 22 2 Oregon(Pac-10) Champs 19
2011 January 9, 2012 2 Alabama(SEC) 21 1 LSU(SEC) Champs 0
2012 January 7, 2013 2 Alabama(SEC) Champs 1 1 Notre Dame(Independent) 14

Take that... everyone else. :D

My two favorite teams are Ga. Tech and anyone that plays Georgia!
GO Missouri! and "To Hell with Georgia?

Saturday's score:
Ga Tech 56, Syracuse (who?) ZERO!
GEORGIA 27! Vanderbilt 31! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A perfect football weekend. And the Atlanta Falcons beat the Tampa Bucs, just to top it off. :goofy:

My two favorite teams are Ga. Tech and anyone that plays Georgia!
GO Missouri! and "To Hell with Georgia?

Saturday's score:
Ga Tech 56, Syracuse (who?) ZERO!
GEORGIA 27! Vanderbilt 31! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clean, Old Fashioned hate huh?

Ouch 1-11 over the past 12... That's got to sting a bit.

My team sucks (Mississippi State) year in and year out but at least we put it to Ole Miss every other year or so.

I usually pull for Ga Tech. But I was driving to MS and listened to their first game of the year on the radio.. Elon or something... it was horrifying to listen to.

Clean, Old Fashioned hate huh?

Ouch 1-11 over the past 12... That's got to sting a bit.
Yeah, that stung. A LOT. But you failed to mention that we were 3 & 0 prior to that! :yes:

I usually pull for Ga Tech. But I was driving to MS and listened to their first game of the year on the radio.. Elon or something... it was horrifying to listen to.

We tried to hold the score down, but Elon wouldn't let us. On our last play the coach told the scrub that if he breaks free to take a knee. The scrub said: "But coach, I haven't played a down in 3 years! I gotta run!". And he scored. I felt bad for Elon too, but they made more money that day than they did the past 4 seasons combined.

Yea...
I would rather go fly aerobatics or ride motocross instead of watch a bunch of men play with each outer, and jump on each other... HA! HA!
you can tell I am not a sports fan. Well motorsports only :)

I think Mizzou is in SEC as of last year....but happy they won since my tuition dollars for my kid goes there...but you're right...wonder why one hasn;t been started until now

I am late to reply, but I think the point was that the two "middle of the pack" B12 teams are laying wood in the big bad SEC with B12 recruits.

The media says they are big and bad, especially CBS and ESPN, so it must be true. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Did anyone watch the Northwestern vs Nebraska game??

If you scripted that ending, no one would believe it.

Norhtwestern was ahead 24-21 and Nebraska had the ball ner the 50 yard line with 4 seconds on the clock and they threw a Hail Marry. It was tipped... the caught in the endzone for a touchdownb with no time left on the clock.

Here's a link that shows the final play.

http://www.sippinonpurple.com/north...ka-final-score-another-damn-hail-mary-are-you

Nebraska is a dumpster fire.

The fake injury by the auburn player at the end of the 3rd was pretty poor form on the behalf of auburn coaches

Nebraska is a dumpster fire.

The fake injury by the auburn player at the end of the 3rd was pretty poor form on the behalf of auburn coaches

I don't understand what happened there. Auburn was way ahead for the entire game and won 35-17. What would be the purpose of a fake injury?

The State of Alabama has produced the national champion football team for the past four years and has a good chance of doing this at least one more time.

Because, SEC SEC SEC. :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

WTF Oregon??

The OSU Beavers almost beat the Cardinal and you let them get up on you 26 to zip??

Stanford seems to hav the Ducks number, no matter how good the Ducks are.

I am late to reply, but I think the point was that the two "middle of the pack" B12 teams are laying wood in the big bad SEC with B12 recruits.

The media says they are big and bad, especially CBS and ESPN, so it must be true. :)

3-2 in SEC play with 0 wins over a ranked opponent? All with a heisman QB is "laying wood"?

I follow the following teams (I root for all of them -- three to win, two to lose):
Missouri
Oklahoma State
Arkansas
Alabama
Notre Dame

Generally, for the other teams I root for the underdog. Oh, its Saturday, time to turn on the TV.

3-2 in SEC play with 0 wins over a ranked opponent? All with a heisman QB is "laying wood"?

Good point, but again aggy will get 10 wins and this year mizzou will as well. I dislike the aggies as much as the other guy, but that post was more of an anti-SEC rather than a pro-aggy. It has been said for years that other conferences cant hold a candle to the SEC. Primarily the media. CBS, ESPN, etc. Yet two middle of the pack teams come in and wreck house.

Texas withstanding the last 2-3 years under Mack Brown, and of course Mobilhoma, they would dominate in that conference if mizzou and aggy is doing that as a perennial 3rd-4th sub conference finisher in the B12.

The sports websites and TV broadcasts love the SEC teams like MSNBC loves Obama. Its hilariously ironic how the SECers make fun of the liberal media yet listen and praise to CBS and ESPN on their conference.

oh, and guess what tomorrow is....

College Game Day!!!!

NCAAFB >>>>>>>> No Fun League.

No flying on Saturday, Sunday....yep.

Michigan State -v- NU

MS has never beat NU. NU is not playing well this year, but maybe stiffening up near the end of the season.

Michigan State -v- NU

MS has never beat NU. NU is not playing well this year, but maybe stiffening up near the end of the season.

Was a bit confused at first when you said NU. I was thinking "didn't MS beat up on Northwerstern"?

When I was growing up they always called it UNL because UNO had a football team too. (Div. II)

Thanky you USC for beating Stanford.

Oregon is now back at the top of the PAC-12 North where they should be!!:D

Thanky you USC for beating Stanford.

Oregon is now back at the top of the PAC-12 North where they should be!!:D

Thank you Stanford for beating Oregon so we don't have to listen to the Oregon fans complain that Nike can't buy them a championship again. :D

And the Buckeyes just keep winning.

Not real hard to do with that cupcake schedule. I see Urban whining about the BCS. Wonder if it has his heart condition flaring up :rofl: If he were in Florida doing the same thing, he'd be booking tickets to the BCSNCG.

OS has yet to play Michigan State, the #1 defense in the nation.

It's just a question if the MS offense can score against OS.

#1 defense in the nation means little in the B1G. I feel like I have to hit fast forward on my Direct TV box to make it real speed.

#1 D in the nation in the Big 12 would be something to brag about.

Mizzou still going strong. My alma mater NIU doing well this year again. Maybe they will get another good bowl invite.

#1 defense in the nation means little in the B1G. I feel like I have to hit fast forward on my Direct TV box to make it real speed.

#1 D in the nation in the Big 12 would be something to brag about.

Big 12 is over-rated. Just look what happened to Baylor. Seriously, is there a good team in that conference besides OSU??

And the Buckeyes just keep winning.
Not too hard considering their schedule. If you want a real challenge play a team from the SEC.

The Auburn Alabama game should be very good today. War Eagle!

Last edited:
Mizzou still going strong. My alma mater NIU doing well this year again. Maybe they will get another good bowl invite.

The A&M/Mizzou game will be good. Regardless of who wins, Alabama will have a tough SEC championship game

Back