76 Days! Wooo hooo!

It may be time to start talking food.

Couple of years ago, I mentioned Frito Chili Pie; any takers?

Danielle, I am counting on your cookies, and no more leaving them out in the rain!

Leslie - I can spell, "Jambalaya" - but you can make it like an artist. If I promise to eat some... (grin)

And Mike's Brats and skilled grillwork will be on display.

It looks like Bill's Beech 18 will not be ready in time for Gaston's (heck, we're just hoping for OSH at this point!), but I think I may have him persuaded to come along and share some experiences from one of his many World Record Setting round the world flights.

As for me, I am just looking forward to kickin' back by the flight line and watching planes and pilots coming and going.

Of course, the stirring sound of a Bellanca Super Viking on dawn patrol is just the thing...

Yum to Fritos Chili Pie! I don't know the recipe. Just Fritos and chili?? If we get a cabin with a kitchen, I will make it. Can't wait to have my sangria. Trader Joe's has frozen mango and I'm REALLY looking forward to adding that in the mix! :D

Fritz, chili, onions, cheese. Jalapeños optional, but advised.

Best served outdoors. If you know what I mean...

They're pretty close together - Have a fly-in to Gaston's and then fly-outs to Diana's?

Of course, that'd suck because then I'd miss them both. :(

Tom and I have decided to postpone our fly-in due to several issues...closing on the sale of the farm land, still repairing stuff from the storm damage, family uncertain of their plans, remodeling the farm house, blah, blah, blah. But, if anyone is in the area, they are welcome to drop by. :)

I am considering running down to a fly-in at Gaston's in late May. Kent, is that when you will be in the area? Some of the Okie taildraggin' folks organized a fly-in at Gaston's instead of their private strip near Tulsa this year. Here's some info if anyone is interested:

OK18 Taildragger Fly-in at Gastons, May 24-26
Wounded Warrior Project Benefit Poker Run, May 26

Go to http://www.gastons.com/ and get your cottage reserved early as they are filling up for Memorial Day weekend. So far we have over 20 cottages reserved and nine states represented. They still have cottages with kitchens and bedrooms cottages without kitchens available. Call 870-431-5202 for reservations, tell them you are with the OK18 Fly-in. If you wait you will not get a room. You may want to get a 2 bedroom cabin and share/split the cost with someone. When you reserve your cottage or decide you are coming to camp please let us know by e-mail to mikesas@tds.net so we can better plan.

The plan so far:
Thursday May 24th arrival at Gastons, trout fishing, some will come earlier to fish and/or go to Eureka Springs or Branson on Wednesday

Friday May 25th trout fishing, fly outs to eat breakfast/lunch at Gainesville H27 (Country Café), Horseshoe Bend 6M2 (Karens Kitchen), Eureka Springs or Branson, there are 4 courtesy cars/vans at Carroll County Airport 4M1 (call Perry or Sheila Evans) for those wanting a car/van for Eureka Springs.

Saturday May 26th Wounded Warrior benefit poker run with a stop at Turkey Mountain Airpark (MO00) for lunch, dinner/awards at Gastons
http://www.turkeymountainairpark.com/photos/index.html

For those wanting to camp, we now have 2 nearby grass strips to camp at:
Pine Mountain Airpark (6AR9), it will also be one of the poker run stops
Marion County Airport (FLP), it will also be one of the poker run stops
also camping is available at Bull Shoals Stare Park, reservations are required http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/bullshoalswhiteriver/

There is a restaurant at Gastons for those not wanting to cook, we will have a sign up sheet for reservations daily so they can handle our group, you order off the menu.

For those camping bring your chairs/cooler when you fly over to Gastons. Also, a shuttle will provide transportation back & forth to Gastons from FLP & Bull Shoals State Park.

Registration will not be required like years past, however, later we will have an order form for those wanting a hat or t-shirt.

Mike & Patty
mikesas@tds.net
918-785-6077

Mike has posted this on a few other forums, as well. :) He's flown to our farm before, as well as some of the other taildraggin' guys who will be there at Gaston's and MO00. :)

Attachments

• 2012 OK18 Flyin.jpg
    2012 OK18 Flyin.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 19
Fritz, chili, onions, cheese. Jalapeños optional, but advised.

Best served outdoors. If you know what I mean...

Must be served in the frito's bag. Red chili must be stiff, none of that runny stuff. Beer required if of age. Outdoors required.

Frito Pie is usually found at little league ballgames in Oklahoma and perhaps other southernish type places.

Must be served in the frito's bag. Red chili must be stiff, none of that runny stuff. Beer required if of age. Outdoors required.

Frito Pie is usually found at little league ballgames in Oklahoma and perhaps other southernish type places.

Clark are you going to be there?

Clark are you going to be there?

Not really planning on it. Just offering some expertise on Frito Pie as experienced in Oklahoma years-and-years ago. It is a true, errr, well, gastronomic adventure/event if nothing else.

Back