Without baggage me and fuel leaves about 525 pounds to go to useful load.
Did you see my post about Boise, ID. Troy? It is closer to Vale than Portland.

And Kimberlyanne, I could lose about 30 pounds of ugly fat, but I wouldn't be able to fly with out my head on my shoulders.:D

Without baggage me and fuel leaves about 525 pounds to go to useful load.
Did you see my post about Boise, ID. Troy? It is closer to Vale than Portland.

And Kimberlyanne, I could lose about 30 pounds of ugly fat, but I wouldn't be able to fly with out my head on my shoulders.:D

So as long as Troy, Kimberly, Troy's luggage, and Kimberly's luggage total less than 525 pounds we are ok?

Troy, how much do you and your luggage weigh? And oh yeah how close is this to Osh Kosh since SO MANY people are saying I should go to that?

If you use WWW.AirNav.com down at the bottom of the page on an airport you choose, for instance 3M0 ( gastons) you can put in the identifier for KOSH and it will tell you the distance in NM.and it says 493.3NM.

No I mean when is Gastons (dates) and when is Osh Kosh (dates) and how close are they together (dates) since I can't take TWO major vacations from work.

Kimberly

No I mean when is Gastons (dates) and when is Osh Kosh (dates) and how close are they together (dates) since I can't take TWO major vacations from work.

Kimberly

Gastons 2012 will be held 6/7/2012 ending on Sunday 6/10/2012. AirVenture is July 23 to 29.

Gastons 2012 will be held 6/7/2012 ending on Sunday 6/10/2012. AirVenture is July 23 to 29.

Darn it this means I will have to choose. I can't have two big vacations in a row. I would choose a 182 cross country over the other option any day, though. We'll see what happens.

Darn it this means I will have to choose. I can't have two big vacations in a row. I would choose a 182 cross country over the other option any day, though. We'll see what happens.

One factor that may or may not help you decide: Oshkosh happens every year, so if you can't make it in 2012, it's not like that is your last chance to go to such an event. (Cue Mayan apocalypse myth....)

maybe a short stop at the farm to see Diana and Tom Richards. That is, if they still have the farm and we could get an invite. .
Bob, we will still have the farm in June and we would love to see you again. Actually, Tom and I are planning to have a fly-in this June...don't know which weekend. Might be the first weekend in June, or might be the second weekend. Just waiting to see how a few other things fall into place.

One factor that may or may not help you decide: Oshkosh happens every year, so if you can't make it in 2012, it's not like that is your last chance to go to such an event. (Cue Mayan apocalypse myth....)

Agreed, and this may be my last / only chance to go with Bob. Decision made. But both of us have many reasons it might not work. So we shall see.

Pedestrian things, like working or paying down debts or whatever, isn't nearly as much fun to ponder.

But if you pledge to lower taxes, increase government spending, balance the budget, increase government oversight of business while reducing government interference in the free market, I'm sure you'll have a good shot at getting into office! :D
Is she old enough?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

My god you are right. This is the last Gastons and the last OSH. Have to do both somehow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Actually, Tom and I are planning to have a fly-in this June...don't know which weekend. Might be the first weekend in June, or might be the second weekend. Just waiting to see how a few other things fall into place.

Hmmm... Well, if it's the first weekend, I might be able to come! :) I'm gonna miss Gaston's again this year...

It looks as if some folks may be headed to Diana's and some to Gaston's. Don't know what kind of plans to make in light of this.

Best,

Dave

It looks as if some folks may be headed to Diana's and some to Gaston's. Don't know what kind of plans to make in light of this.

Best,

Dave

Surely Diana did not schedule a farm fly-in in conflict with the Gaston's event? :confused:

Surely Diana did not schedule a farm fly-in in conflict with the Gaston's event? :confused:
Spike, I may have to. We are in the process of trying to schedule a family reunion at the farm in June and the 'Gaston's weekend' may be the only weekend we can use for a fly-in.

They're pretty close together - Have a fly-in to Gaston's and then fly-outs to Diana's?

Of course, that'd suck because then I'd miss them both. :(

I was talking more about a stop at Dianas on the way to Gastons if I make the trip at all.

Bob:

I am counting on you being there. Plan on making Bill S bring along his Beech 18.

Fun to be had by all. And I need one of those short-field demos you do so well!

And lawyer jokes. Lots of those!

Bob:

I am counting on you being there. Plan on making Bill S bring along his Beech 18.

Fun to be had by all. And I need one of those short-field demos you do so well!

And lawyer jokes. Lots of those!

Nothing more that I would like, than to get to fly back to Gastons in June. I don't know how the wifes health and family finances will be for that venture. I would love to fly into Thunder ridge with you Spike ( and others that said they were sad they missed out) on Sat. While at Gastons with my POA friends.

Is there going to be a poker run this year? We are almost done with our grass runway at Spirit Hill Airpark which will be 5000' cleared with a 3000-4000' landing area depending if we have to blast or not. :fcross:

Is there going to be a poker run this year? We are almost done with our grass runway at Spirit Hill Airpark which will be 5000' cleared with a 3000-4000' landing area depending if we have to blast or not. :fcross:

I won't be organizing one this year... If somebody else wants to, please feel free.

No question about where the best food will be found.

Best,

Dave

Absolutely correct. Mike Andrews' grillwork on the flight line is divine, and if you had any of Leslie's jambalaya, you're still remembering it. With joyful abandon.

Danielle's cookies, the pies...

...as long as you avoid the restaurant, you'll be in great fettle.

Absolutely correct. Mike Andrews' grillwork on the flight line is divine, and if you had any of Leslie's jambalaya, you're still remembering it. With joyful abandon.

Danielle's cookies, the pies...

...as long as you avoid the restaurant, you'll be in great fettle.

Oops. You're saying the food at Diana's isn't good?! :rolleyes:

Sure looks that way from here. Let's see how Smoothmouth Silvertongue gets himself out of this trap.

I'm thinking he read fast, and wrote faster... and thought the comment was about where the best food AT GASTON'S would be found (restaurant vs. flight line/cabins).

Knowing as you do of his mental capabilities, do you really think speed reading would be a possibility?
I'm thinking he read fast, and wrote faster... and thought the comment was about where the best food AT GASTON'S would be found (restaurant vs. flight line/cabins).

My real point was that no one goes to Gaston's for the restaurant (at least, not from any distance).

Still confused about the scheduling, though.

Sure looks that way from here. Let's see how Smoothmouth Silvertongue gets himself out of this trap.

Knowing as you do of his mental capabilities, do you really think speed reading would be a possibility?

:rofl: Wayne, you crack me up! I could give you a big ol' hug!

BTW, Tom's grill took a direct hit when we had the damaging storm pass by last week. I'll attach a photo of the grill. It danced with the heavy metal lawn furniture when the wind hit. Tom will be getting a new grill. There was a lot more damage, too. Lost part of the barn roof. We're actually having another clean-up party today with friends bringing chain saws.

Oops. You're saying the food at Diana's isn't good?! :rolleyes:

Sounded like it to me. ;)

Attachments

• Grill (1420 x 868).jpg
    Grill (1420 x 868).jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back