2012 Oshkosh H.O.P.S. Party -- Wed, July 25th

Looks like I might actually get to attend a HOPS party for the first time.

Due to severe "flat wallet" syndrome (often happens right after ya buy an airplane), I'll probably be camping on the field and doing Oshkosh frugal-style this year instead of staying in a hotel in Wautoma and flying/driving in each day like I used to do the past 5 years.

I'll be at Jay's party. During most of the early (pre) and later parts of the show you can find me in or around the Vintage parking operation.

I plan on it as well. I can often be seen at my airplane watching take offs and landings.

I've been to AirVenture for the past 6 years (after a 15-year absence) and the only POA person I've seen is Grant. Part of the reason is that I usually drive back and forth each day, though I've stayed at the UW Oshkosh dorms a couple of times.

This is why I say "Until you camp on the field, you have not been to Oshkosh."

We stayed off-field for many years, and were absolutely stunned by the night life that we had been missing...

So Jay you have mentioned lagers are IPAs acceptable as well. I'm a big IPA guy?

Jay and Mary- this sounds like fun! I'm hopeful that I can make OSH, I've never been. And if I can, I'll definitely be there (with a local 6 pack), thanks!

Here is nothing to see or do at OSH, save your money and stay home.;)

So Jay you have mentioned lagers are IPAs acceptable as well. I'm a big IPA guy?

Some IPAs are good. Most are too hoppy and bitter, for my tastes -- but I'm sure there will be a LARGE selection of beers to choose from, so don't be shy. Bring what you love, and there will be plenty of people who share your tastes.

Unless it's got the word "Light" or "Lite" in it, of course... :rolleyes:

For those who are on the fence about whether to attend Oshkosh AirVenture, and/or the HOPS Party in particular, here's an incentive for you:

In addition to free food, great hangar flying, and the ability to watch dozens of takeoffs and landing from the party site (our campsite in the North 40), in commemoration of this being our 30th consecutive Oshkosh, Amelia's Landing Hotel has agreed to provide the following spiffs:

1. T-Shirts! The first 25 attendees will receive special, commemorative "2012 HOPS Party" T-shirts!

2. Hats! The next 10 attendees will receive free "Amelia's Landing" baseball caps!

3. Wine! The next 5 will receive a free bottle of "Amelia's Landing White Zinfandel" wine!

4. Free night at the hotel! The grand prize will be a free night at the hotel!

Admission is, as always, a 6-pack of your favorite craft beer from your home state. Be there on Wednesday, July 25th, right after the airshow!

?..... Bring what you love, and there will be plenty of people who share your tastes.

Unless it's got the word "Light" or "Lite" in it, of course... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry Jay but my favorite microbrew is Miller Lite. Didn't you find the empty 12 pack cartons in the Apollo Room when I left.

Pete Christensen
Leander, TX

I'm sorry Jay but my favorite microbrew is Miller Lite. Didn't you find the empty 12 pack cartons in the Apollo Room when I left.

Pete Christensen
Leander, TX

"Microbrew". That's funny! :D

Miller spills more of that stuff on the floor at the brewery every day than Shiner brews in a year! :goofy:

"Microbrew". That's funny! :D

Miller spills more of that stuff on the floor at the brewery every day than Shiner brews in a year! :goofy:

Is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale a local or do you folks in the flyover states have that in your local grocery store now?

Jim

Is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale a local or do you folks in the flyover states have that in your local grocery store now?

Jim
They had it at Three Lakes when I was up there last week, so yeah, we have it in the fly-over states! LOL

What penalties are assessed for those who arrive too over-gross to bring beer from home? Haha.

What penalties are assessed for those who arrive too over-gross to bring beer from home? Haha.

You are force-marched to Pick N Save, where you are made to buy us a case of Sprecher Amber, made in nearby Greenfield, WI.

The best lager I've ever had, when fresh. It's hard to find fresh, though.

St Arnolds make some pretty doggone good stuff, but if I bring any of their brews, it'll definitely be one that contains some EtOH. ;-)

St Arnolds make some pretty doggone good stuff, but if I bring any of their brews, it'll definitely be one that contains some EtOH. ;-)
Well, I trust that you, unlike David are legal to possess it in WI! LOL

That's when Mary and I started...:D

(We're originally from Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, and/or West Bend, WI) That's when Mary and I started...:D

For a minute there, I was beginning to worry that "That '70s Show" was all fictional.

Back