2012 Formula One Season

Meliss

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
goodjoojoo
I couldn't find a thread on here. Anyways, second week. Second race. Anyone here watch Malaysia? I was so stoked Schumie was starting 3rd on the grid, but bad luck second week in a row for him in the race. I think he's still got it though!! Hoping he can take a podium this season, the Mercedes looks pretty competitive. It's looking like it's going to be a more exciting season than last. I know it's early, but so far there does not seem to be a car quite as dominant as the RB7 last year. Vettel did NOT look happy this whole weekend. Any guesses on who will win the championship? Constructers and Drivers? Or who do you WANT to win?? I have a feeling McLaren might take both- though I would personally love for Mercedes or Red Bull again. And as for drivers.... I could see Jenson pulling it off. Though who knows, it's still so early in the season.

It was nice to see a race for first so close to the end. I hope no one runs away with things so that the Austin race means something for the championships. I know it's a safety thing but I wish they'd allow more racing in the rain...after all it's F1 not NASCAR.

Last edited:
I haven't followed F1 in a while but I'm going to start again. Hearing about it on TopGear just isn't good enough.

I hope it's not Hamilton that wins the championship. All he does is complain about the car. He sounds like such a nancy boy.

Amen to that. And the earrings? He seems more concerned with how he looks than how he's driving. Last season I gained a lot of respect for Jensen though.

Is F1 where "lower tier" teammates aren't "allowed" to win if it affects the points of the big name driver teammate for the race?

Is F1 where "lower tier" teammates aren't "allowed" to win if it affects the points of the big name driver teammate for the race?

Really...? Sure, I guess when the championship is on the line some teams will ask the other teammate to "move over". Usually when Fernando Alonso is said teammate... :rolleyes2: However Red Bull and McLaren and many other top teams let their teammates battle it out.

Really...? Sure, I guess when the championship is on the line some teams will ask the other teammate to "move over". Usually when Fernando Alonso is said teammate... :rolleyes2: However Red Bull and McLaren and many other top teams let their teammates battle it out.

I'll be honest, I never really got into F1 because the cars seemed spaced so far apart, and then I remember an issue where Schumaker (I think) was waaaaaaaaaay behind (something like 20 or 30 some-odd seconds) his teammate, and the teammate was told to stop/slow up to let him by. Totally turned me off to it. I can see if teammates are within a car length of each other, and they don't race each other quite as hard, but with a gap that big, let the better driver that day win it.

My feelings. Vettel can't pass people. He is only good when he starts P1 and can drive away. Make him pass and forget it. The W03 Benz is a car built for qualifying. Granted, we haven't seen Schmi run an entire race without getting wrecked or wrecking, but I don't think its a car that can win. McLaren is the winner this year, hopefully it's Button. Wouldn't surprise me to see Williams up in 4th or 5th by the end of the year, rather than down at the bottom. They've got a fast car.

My feelings. Vettel can't pass people. He is only good when he starts P1 and can drive away. Make him pass and forget it. The W03 Benz is a car built for qualifying. Granted, we haven't seen Schmi run an entire race without getting wrecked or wrecking, but I don't think its a car that can win. McLaren is the winner this year, hopefully it's Button. Wouldn't surprise me to see Williams up in 4th or 5th by the end of the year, rather than down at the bottom. They've got a fast car.

this again. :mad2:

this again. :mad2:

He can't. And he proves it, then whines about it like a baby, like he did this weekend. Apparently people are supposed to pull off the track to let him around, because he's a world champion.

It sure makes for an interesting to have 4 different drivers from different teams win the first 4 races of the season. And though that might be able to describe how it is a very open standing, you see the drivers that are able to keep up with the pace.

And usually those drivers might play second fiddle for races but when you continually finish second with the winder varying all the time, you might see a surprise by the end.

As for any season, it should be reliability and pace that would win you the championship. I am still hoping my Kimi would suit well.

DRS and KERS are friggin' gimmicks. I wish they'd get rid of them. Plus I wish someone would put a bullet in the head of Hermann Tilke.

That's how I'd fix F1. Not that anyone asked.

Love the sport. Watch it religiously. THey're all pampered momma's boys, so I really can't cheer for any of the drivers. Maybe Paul diResta.

Back