2008 Gastie Award Winners

You bring up a great point there, Dave.

If we used an aircraft mass x cabin volume power coefficient and interpolated between the 65% power and the 75% power rated cruise speeds raised to the 5th power divided by the inverse of the powerplant cubic inches I think we would have a much more powerful benchmark.

That, and cold, hard $$$$$ could really make a difference in the outcome. :rofl:

The Baron owners would like to appeal; we think the computation should be made on a weighted average <g>

Best,

Dave

Well I am home now....Am I officially the last Gason's attendee to return???????

re: cookie contest

look familiar?

CB009850.jpg

or count cylinders, and then add mine as 2/3 of a baron
Everyone knows that the value of man is determined by the total number of SPARK PLUGS at his command (including cars, boats, aircraft, lawn mowers, etc.).

For women, I think it has something to do with shoes, but I never really paid that much attention. :rofl:

re: cookie contest

look familiar?

CB009850.jpg

Very cold, Tony :rolleyes:.....she was baking on a crappy cookie sheet in a "foreign" oven where there were lots of distractions....I learned from her experience and adjusted my baking temp to 300 when I baked mine. :yes:

Everyone knows that the value of man is determined by the total number of SPARK PLUGS at his command (including cars, boats, aircraft, lawn mowers, etc.).

For women, I think it has something to do with shoes, but I never really paid that much attention. :rofl:

Heh, OK. I win with 12 in the plane alone. Lessee 12(plane)+(8+6+6)(cars)+2(?)(tractor)...

Last edited:
I only own 27 spark plugs worth of engines. :(

Add another 16 if you count the two club planes that I fly in, but I don't own those. :(

I only own 27 spark plugs worth of engines. :(

Add another 16 if you count the two club planes that I fly in, but I don't own those. :(

Nope, only count the ones you own not the ones you play with...

'Cause if they let you count the ones you play with.... you would win for sure...

I don't know Ken; the jet guys seem to view the world differently. I always heard one could identify an off duty airline pilot by: big watch, little pecker, carrying USA today <g>.

Best,

Dave

I don't know Ken; the jet guys seem to view the world differently. I always heard one could identify an off duty airline pilot by: big watch, little pecker, carrying USA today <g>.

Best,

Dave

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.:goofy:

Not always true, but funny.

Nope, only count the ones you own not the ones you play with...

'Cause if they let you count the ones you play with.... you would win for sure...

Hmm, I own 27. I play with... (Cessna @ 8, Archer @ 8, Comanche @ 8, Navajo @ 24, Aztec @ 24...) 72, so that makes 99 total. :D

Heh, OK. I win with 12 in the plane alone. Lessee 12(plane)+(8+6+6)(cars)+2(?)(tractor)...

That's unfairly discriminating against diesel owners. But even though I have a diesel tractor I still have you beat.

Baron 24
Porterfield 8
Cars 24
Boats 23
Tractors 6
other* 13
------

* generators, lawnmowers, snowblowers, generators, leafblowers, chainsaws, weedwackers, etc.

And I suspect I've forgotten something so the real number might be higher.

Bump... Is it June yet? :dunno:

Nope, but I was overcome with nostalgia when I read this thread.

The collective "y'all" somehow make this event the very best possible.

Celia rolls her eyes at me when I pitifully moan about wishing it was June, and I was at 3M0.

See you next year! :yes:

Back