2007 Wish List

Newfoundland and France. Ooh la la!:blueplane:
ApacheBob

My wish list: get a Seneca or Baron, fly it to Gastons and AirVenture, and then also find the time to fly the family to the southwest, rent an RV, and bop around for a little while.

Already on Wish List 2008. Fly said Baron/Seneca to Alaska.

Sorry to say I don't have any thing planed this summer. Ed Fred you are going right by S49 on your flight. Why don't you stop by, or let me know when you will be in Council, Id, U82 and I will fly up and say hello. Miss Barb Miller stopped by when she made her flight West, and we had a cup. She said she had to stop and see why our field was named Miller Memorial. Please let me know. Bob:yes:

Miss Barb Miller stopped by...... said she had to stop and see why our field was named Miller Memorial.

From what I can tell, Barb had to stop because she saw an airport at which she had not yet landed! :D

From what I can tell, Barb had to stop because she saw an airport at which she had not yet landed! :D

She had told me earlier that she was going to land at Big Creek Id. Well I didn't know of her experience on Mountain flying. I asked her if she had heard of the book FLY IDAHO, she told me she slept with it under her pillow. I hear she did fine in those back country mountains. Bob

Thanks for the link! I note that Miquelon is French only much of the time and doesn't seem to have fuel, so I'll probably go into St. Pierre. With your French, you shoudn't have problems with the language barrier.

Grant, are you heading that way truly? What's your intended route? When are you planning on going?

Yeah, but.......that's where Women in Aviation's having their convention.....so I'm still suppporting a good thing.

Unbelievable. Make sure they know they chose to meet under a corporate paid for no fly zone.

Sun-N-Fun ( I fly to St. Petersburg and drive over)
Gastons (I made my reservations today)
Oshkosh (Driving up with the camper )

No resolution but a wish list

1) Wings Fly B Q ( Oh thats right I run it:rolleyes: )

2) Gastons

3) I gotta gotta get to 6Y9 this year probably comm to GRR then on up with Ed.

4) Fly some where any where with the family.

Only plans are to increase STOL Amphib flight hours, especially into the more remote landing sites.

Grant, are you heading that way truly? What's your intended route? When are you planning on going?
I'm certainly hoping to. The chief pilot of the club seemed excited at the prospect. He'll be putting together the flyout schedule over the next couple months or so. We tend to do a lot of "winging it" as far as planning goes. When we were looking at it in his office, our routing went something like
1C5
KBUF Buffalo (fuel)
KBHB Bar Harbor, ME (stay a few days)
CYSJ St. John (customs)
COPAR
CYPD Port Hawkesbury (fuel)
CCZ4 UMETI VINSI CCC2 (basically, staying over land as much as possible)
LFVP St. Pierre

Not what we'd file, of course, but it should give you an idea.

My guess is that this would be a July trip, but earlier, so as to avoid conflicting with Oshkosh. It may be a late August trip, though. We are already planning trips south (FL, Bahamas) in April and November.

Two flights:
1) To the northern tip of the North island of New Zealand (from Auckland where I'm based).
2) To White Island, an active volcano 25 nm off the East coast of New Zealand, and then back via two other more land based active volcanoes.

Chris

Two flights:
1) To the northern tip of the North island of New Zealand (from Auckland where I'm based).
2) To White Island, an active volcano 25 nm off the East coast of New Zealand, and then back via two other more land based active volcanoes.

Chris
Chris,
You should drop on down to Stewart Island. There's a nice little fishing village there, and almost the entire island's a nature preserve. You'll need to make arangements to do the landing there, but I'm sure you could persuade them! Just watch the landing with significant winds. The strip is on a ridge, and it took us a few tries to get the landing quite right. The info: http://www.aip.net.nz/pdf/NZRC.pdf

Chris,
You should drop on down to Stewart Island. There's a nice little fishing village there, and almost the entire island's a nature preserve. You'll need to make arangements to do the landing there, but I'm sure you could persuade them! Just watch the landing with significant winds. The strip is on a ridge, and it took us a few tries to get the landing quite right. The info: http://www.aip.net.nz/pdf/NZRC.pdf

Very cool. I'm told you can actually see kiwis there during the day as well (they're usually nocturnal). Unfortunately, I can't afford to fly all the way down there, but I may try to get over on a ferry at some point.

Chris

I'm certainly hoping to. The chief pilot of the club seemed excited at the prospect. He'll be putting together the flyout schedule over the next couple months or so. We tend to do a lot of "winging it" as far as planning goes. When we were looking at it in his office, our routing went something like
1C5
KBUF Buffalo (fuel)
KBHB Bar Harbor, ME (stay a few days)
CYSJ St. John (customs)
COPAR
CYPD Port Hawkesbury (fuel)
CCZ4 UMETI VINSI CCC2 (basically, staying over land as much as possible)
LFVP St. Pierre

Not what we'd file, of course, but it should give you an idea.

My guess is that this would be a July trip, but earlier, so as to avoid conflicting with Oshkosh. It may be a late August trip, though. We are already planning trips south (FL, Bahamas) in April and November.

Grant - June and July tend to have heavy fog and it sometimes runs into early August. I was there the first week of August in 2004 and the ceilings at St.Pierre never got better than 100ft, and most days were zero. If you really want to get there, late August into September would be more likely.

Grant - June and July tend to have heavy fog and it sometimes runs into early August. I was there the first week of August in 2004 and the ceilings at St.Pierre never got better than 100ft, and most days were zero. If you really want to get there, late August into September would be more likely.

Thanks for the tip! Just need to make sure that it doesn't conflict with the 6Y9 get-together on Labor Day!

Back