200 mph!

I would get out of town or find a substantial hangar ,to protect the plane,then hunker down.

I've been to that area in Mexico. This could be really bad. Lots of folks who quite frankly can't afford to get the hell out of there living in structures that sure won't be left standing if it hits land with 200 mph winds.

I've been to that area in Mexico. This could be really bad. Lots of folks who quite frankly can't afford to get the hell out of there living in structures that sure won't be left standing if it hits land with 200 mph winds.

I have too. It's a wonderful place. They are screwed. I sadly predict large loss of life and devastation the Mexican government won't be able handle. :(

I have too. It's a wonderful place. They are screwed. I sadly predict large loss of life and devastation the Mexican government won't be able handle. :(

Yeah..this will sadly be really really ugly.

Told Mrs. Steingar that if I flew the Mooney in those winds I'd be going 50mph backwards! Yeah, lots and lots of folks have no resources to get out of the way and no where to hide. I suspect it will be awful. Might even be worse when one of those monsters hits here. We have a lot more to loose.

As a side note, I departed KOUN Monday and tower said, "state your airspeed"

I said, 90 indicated .

He said, "ok. We are showing 40 knots"

Not missing a beat I said, "maybe that's why I just got passes by the guy on a bike below me!"

As a side note, I departed KOUN Monday and tower said, "state your airspeed"

I said, 90 indicated .

He said, "ok. We are showing 40 knots"

Not missing a beat I said, "maybe that's why I just got passes by the guy on a bike below me!"

They sure know how to hit a guy where it hurts... :rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol:

Strongest ever recorded, they're saying. Ugh.
Strongest in the Americas. On the other hand, most of the strongest seem to top out at about 235 mph, about the same as this storm.
I still doubt the presence of global warming though. It is nature's cycle. Remember, it has only been about 100 years we've been keeping records. And every year, the technology measuring things change.

Very sad to hear.

If they're lucky the storm surge won't be bad. If they're lucky.

Storm surge kills most people. Not winds.

I just watched an interview by Greta Van Susteren with USAF Capt. Chase Allen who flew his C-130 into this storm. He said the eye was only 7 miles in diameter, when the normal eye is 30 miles wide.

He then waddled off the set while supporting his giant 12 pound brass balls. JK

Sounds like the eye is ashore now.

Reading about the observations, it's a 15 mile wide tornado in a huge rain storm...

And then the rain is supposed to continue to Texas. Batten down the hatches, you think you're wet now?

If they're lucky the storm surge won't be bad. If they're lucky.

Storm surge kills most people. Not winds.

Agreed. This promises to be huge. The other serious problem they have there is going to be mud slides and flash floods down the hills from all the down pour. In this one, if you're stuck there like many American tourists are and like I might have been in 2007, where do you run?? I can't help but keep thinking about this one.

I plan to go to Playa Del Carmen in a week from now. This storm won't really affect that area much, but what's coming next?? Who knows?

Strongest in the Americas. On the other hand, most of the strongest seem to top out at about 235 mph, about the same as this storm.
I still doubt the presence of global warming though. It is nature's cycle. Remember, it has only been about 100 years we've been keeping records. And every year, the technology measuring things change.

That's a super convenient attitude. Basically no matter how strong, severe, or frequent we see storm systems, you can always say "We only have records for 100 years, so it's likely just normal earth cycles." I guess we can tell if man made climate change was real in what, 1000 years from now?? :dunno:

That's a super convenient attitude. Basically no matter how strong, severe, or frequent we see storm systems, you can always say "We only have records for 100 years, so it's likely just normal earth cycles." I guess we can tell if man made climate change was real in what, 1000 years from now?? :dunno:

Naw, more like 100 millenia...

Agreed. This promises to be huge. The other serious problem they have there is going to be mud slides and flash floods down the hills from all the down pour. In this one, if you're stuck there like many American tourists are and like I might have been in 2007, where do you run?? I can't help but keep thinking about this one.

I plan to go to Playa Del Carmen in a week from now. This storm won't really affect that area much, but what's coming next?? Who knows?

https://www.windyty.com/?30.107,-107.578,4

Look to the west toward Hawaii

I just think it was crazy that yesterday they measured the eye pressure at 25.96"!

Hope everyone is ok down there. One of my employee's mother is down there staying with family. Caught her off guard. Thinking about her and the family's safety!

Probably where a river flows into the ocean. Lots of erosion going on.

There was remarkably no exported loss of life form Hurricane Patricia. Lots of flooding in Texas and Louisiana, though. How ar our members there fairing? Jay? Danielle? Anyone else?

Back