20,000 members!

Still not quite happy with it, for some reason this one is way harder to stabilize unlike Ted's gif. I'll rework it tomorrow for you for sure, but this should hold you over until I figure out what's throwing me off :wink2: I had it done within a couple minutes but fighting the gif stabilization settings took up my time.

8bh2RMQ.gif

The quality and motion are because the original source was a bit choppy. I can fix to an extent but the software creates black space in the places there's no video, and if you don't want it showing up in the gif in the worst looking fashion you have to get either creative or cut what you can see very close to your focus! And the stabilization I'm getting so far is catching more of the background and camera motion than your beautiful plane :D

It isn't 100x100px like mine because your plane moves around a LOT and that was the best way to keep it in the frame without giving people headaches or the plane disappearing off the avatar :yes:

I am not satisfied - I will fix it tomorrow!

Still not quite happy with it, for some reason this one is way harder to stabilize unlike Ted's gif. I'll rework it tomorrow for you for sure, but this should hold you over until I figure out what's throwing me off :wink2: I had it done within a couple minutes but fighting the gif stabilization settings took up my time.

8bh2RMQ.gif

The quality and motion are because the original source was a bit choppy. I can fix to an extent but the software creates black space in the places there's no video, and if you don't want it showing up in the gif in the worst looking fashion you have to get either creative or cut what you can see very close to your focus! And the stabilization I'm getting so far is catching more of the background and camera motion than your beautiful plane :D

It isn't 100x100px like mine because your plane moves around a LOT and that was the best way to keep it in the frame without giving people headaches or the plane disappearing off the avatar :yes:

I am not satisfied - I will fix it tomorrow!

Don't waste too much time on me.... The original video was choppy.. my flying is choppy. my plane is choppy.....

I better just leave my avatar as is.......... Maybe...:confused:

Don't waste too much time on me.... The original video was choppy.. my flying is choppy. my plane is choppy.....

I better just leave my avatar as is.......... Maybe...:confused:

My feelings won't be hurt :p looks a lot better as your HQ pic. If it was stabilized... hm. I'll still give it a shot tomorrow :p a gif is only as good as the source it comes from!

My feelings won't be hurt :p looks a lot better as your HQ pic. If it was stabilized... hm. I'll still give it a shot tomorrow :p a gif is only as good as the source it comes from!

Agreed...... Never look a gif horse in the mouth,,,:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

Welcome, ollopa! Your story was well worth reading.

Here's hoping that in some future year, the 40,000th member can tell their story so well.

That fact is for "normal" people....

Henning NEVER sleeps.....;)

I don't think Henning has slept or flown since 2005. Henning, what the hell! :eek:

Also,
Originally Posted by Henning
I've got a good dog on girl gif that should be interesting at that speed.
Henning, what the hell! :eek:

There's a board called /b/ on a place called 4chan where you'd fit right in...:lol:

I did some rough math - and came up with just over 13 posts per day over about 10 years.

48,000 divided by 365 divided by 10 (2005 to 2015)

Put that way, it doesn't sound quite so obsessive.

FYI, the number of posts per day is listed on the "statistics" tab in a person's profile.

Total Posts: 48,327
Posts Per Day: 13.19

FYI, the number of posts per day is listed on the "statistics" tab in a person's profile.

Total Posts: 48,327
Posts Per Day: 13.19

Hang on! I'm almost done working it out on my E6-B... Just another 6 hours and I'll know that it was either 1.3ish posts per day or somewhere over 13. Or maybe it's 130 or 13,000... I forgot how many decimal places I started with.

Hang on! I'm almost done working it out on my E6-B... Just another 6 hours and I'll know that it was either 1.3ish posts per day or somewhere over 13. Or maybe it's 130 or 13,000... I forgot how many decimal places I started with.

You up to 7 posts per day...get a life will ya?!?!?

;)

Worth noting...

If you only count the members that have been here since 2013, the number drops to about 7,750.

If you remove from that remaining group the bots/data miners/generally disinterested (those whose join date and last visit are the same) then that 7,750 is likely cut in half, or more.

Worth noting...

If you only count the members that have been here since 2013, the number drops to about 7,750.

If you remove from that remaining group the bots/data miners/generally disinterested (those whose join date and last visit are the same) then that 7,750 is likely cut in half, or more.

Spoilsport! Right after we were finishing celebrating and welcoming #20,000.

Actually, if you eliminate all the slackers like me who don't sustain a rate of ten posts per day, it's probably cut down to one.

Back