2 kweshyuns

Only BBQ in Bama is Dreamland BBQ in Tuscaloosa. Been there, done that!

Well yeah, that's good, I assume you're talking about the original because there's Dreamland franchises in a few towns now, but if you go next town over in Northport there's Archibald's. Saw's BBQ in Homewood, Moe's Original BBQ in Hoover, Big Bob Gibson in Decatur, Bob Sykes BBQ in Bessemer, and my local BBQ joint, Buddy's BBQ. Plus a million more in Bama. Bama can do BBQ.

Well yeah, that's good, I assume you're talking about the original because there's Dreamland franchises in a few towns now, but if you go next town over in Northport there's Archibald's. Saw's BBQ in Homewood, Moe's Original BBQ in Hoover, Big Bob Gibson in Decatur, Bob Sykes BBQ in Bessemer, and my local BBQ joint, Buddy's BBQ. Plus a million more in Bama. Bama can do BBQ.

Moe's at Toomers Corner in Auburn is pretty good. You can keep Blue Moon, ain't going back there. Hard Rock in Wetumpka is worth the drive. Fat Boys i prattville is also good; eat there a lot, you'll figure out the name. :thumbsup: I have a friend who keeps a barbecue spreadsheet, so if'n you're coming to Alabama for some, let me know and I'll let see what his spreadsheet says.

But my favorite is still in North Georgia, Bailey's Barbecue in Ringgold, GA, pretty near to Chattanooga. Sprayberry's in Newnan, GA, is also pretty good, their Brunswick Stew is heaven in a bowl! Don't know if Melears in Union City / Fairburn is still open, but it used to be good.

so if'n you're coming to Alabama for some, let me know and I'll let see what his spreadsheet says.

But my favorite is still in North Georgia, Bailey's Barbecue in Ringgold, GA, pretty near to Chattanooga. Sprayberry's in Newnan, GA, is also pretty good, their Brunswick Stew is heaven in a bowl! Don't know if Melears in Union City / Fairburn is still open, but it used to be good.

I'm in Alabama! Been to Sprayberry's a couple times.

Yeah, the original. They were OK but all they have are ribs and sausage.

Best BBQ I've ever had is Jim's in North GA. They're known all over the area. Rumor is the weather channel folks always stop in when they're passing through. Great BBQ but limited hours and then line can get pretty crazy.

http://www.jimssmokinque.com/

I haz two kweshyuns:

2) am I a target? on flight following heading to non-towered field....called up to cancel FF with field in site....controller responds with "several targets in the pattern"....I've heard this a coupl'a times recently. now I kinda feel obligated to aim for these targets so I get more points. I'm assuming I get points for hitting targets. maybe they should consider changing terminology?

Ha Ha. From what I know, to controllers we are all radar "targets". Until yesterday, had never heard a controller actually use the term though. Coming out of Statesville headed to Atlanta (HMP not he big airport), it was pretty busy and Atlanta Center (handles approach control services there, right on the the border with CLT). Picked up my clearance in the air and the controller told the guy taking off after us "stand by, I have a lot of targets in the area right now"). But according to you I'm "just a sim kid" so...

Back