2 GPS Sources and 1 HSI

Neil Moulin

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Neil Moulin
Looking for a way to connect a 430W and a 375 to a King 525 HSI. The 430W is already connected to the HSI while the 375 is new to the stack. Been looking for some type of interface/switch that would work but “no joy” to date. Any thoughts??

There may be some kind of special relay that would do what you are wanting, but I am not sure. The problem with that is that you would lose navigation from both of your navigators if anything on your HSI failed. I would us a separate CDI for the 375. You can get a cheap used KI209 for that.

Looking for a way to connect a 430W and a 375 to a King 525 HSI. The 430W is already connected to the HSI while the 375 is new to the stack. Been looking for some type of interface/switch that would work but “no joy” to date. Any thoughts??
Look in the 375 install manual for a drawing labeled "Analog CDI with Existing Navigator Interconnect". I believe it calls for an MD41 type of relay.
There may be some kind of special relay that would do what you are wanting, but I am not sure. The problem with that is that you would lose navigation from both of your navigators if anything on your HSI failed. I would us a separate CDI for the 375. You can get a cheap used KI209 for that.
Theoretically, one could use the built-in CDI display in either the 430W or the 375. Not ideal, but at least you aren't left with nothing.

Right, but there would be no glide slope, and using the CDI on the display would make things much more complicated, both with field of view and display size.

By the time you bought the relay, the switch and paid for the install, it would probably be cheaper to add a G5 as a second HSI. A few more dollars and go with a 275.

A switch/relay setup makes little sense anymore.

Back