2 chickens and 1 goat

Doug F

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DougG
aafM2YGF896WhHW46
Burnt offerings to Zeus. That's what it took to finally get my check ride day to have weather good enough to fly. After 3 cancellations since Nov 2017, we finally got to do the deed.

Apparently, I'm now officially allowed to fly as a Sport Pilot.

I can't say enough good things about Lanier Flight Center at KGVL in Gainesville, GA. They provided excellent training (Rick and Chris were my CFI's) and keep their planes in great condition. The office staff is super efficient and the on-line scheduling system makes it easy to set up flights.

My DPE, Randy Haralson, was also a total pleasure to work with. He focused on content critical to being safe in the air and allowed small mistakes (test at Greenwood, XC to Green County, Greenville close by and the airport we use most for commercial travel...I got the radio calls goofed up a couple of times but that wasn't a show stopper). He did the scenario based oral and I really like that. It forces you to think about what any given topic means and how it'll affect you rather than barfing out a scripted answer to a question. EX: What happens if the static port clogs up and how does it affect your flight? (Altitude is questionable. Sport is VFR only in sight of the ground...if you can count the grass blades, you're too low).

While taking the oral, a Mustang landed and parked outside the window...we thought about asking if I could do the checkride in it but that didn't pan out :-( I'll try and get a pic attached.

My thanks to everyone who replied to my posts; you were a huge help.

Flights planned for next week and I'm really looking forward to just flying. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without a CFI sitting right seat.

Attachments

• 20180613_151439.jpg
    20180613_151439.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Congrats! I did my checkride with Randy just over a month ago and found him to be extremely professional and fair.

Whhhaaattttt! No ****ng goat? I wanna see the goat!

image.gif

image.jpeg

Oh yeah, congrats!

Congrats! Though I have to admit from the headline I thought you were trying to barter for flight time...

Congrats! Though I have to admit from the headline I thought you were trying to barter for flight time...
Any idea what the conversion rate is? If it's high enough, mayhaps I'll start farmin'...

aafM2YGF896WhHW46

He focused on content critical to being safe in the air and allowed small mistakes (.

That is the entire point of the Sport Pilot and Private Pilot checkride. The goal is not perfection, it is can you do this safely. Mistakes are to be expected at this point, but can you identify and correct them before the safety of the flight is at risk.

And congratulations! You know have a license to learn.

And congratulations! You know have a license to learn.

I thought it was A Ticket To Fly (with apologies to the Beatles).

Every flight I learn something new. Every flight reinforces the fact that no two flights (heck no two laps around the field) are the same.
Thanks.

Great job. I fly out of KGVL also; I’m the Tiger tied at the 29 area. Randy is very well liked and respected. I tried to schedule him this spring for my PPL but he was swamped. Enjoy!

Congrats, although I thought this was an answer to 6PC’s thread.

The Katuba by which I was married was written (by Mrs. Steingar) in Aramaic. I think it says someone about 2 chickens and a goat, thought what they hav to do with the whole thing is a bit of a mystery.

Congrats to the newest member of our deranged fraternity.

Back