2/22/2020 Southeast Peeps, come say goodbye (or hello) to The Grove

Thanks @eman1200 for setting it up. Good to get a meet a few folks on here. Wish I would have gotten there a little sooner, but my run to Chattanooga and back took a little longer than expected. When I asked them to top the plane off, I figured they already had the fuel on hand, as long as it took they must have refined the oil right then and there! When I was arriving at CHA, I heard someone asking approach for FF to 8A6...turned out it was @Bill Jennings and @Ryanb . Looking forward to the next SE meetup... get to work eman.

well what y'all don't know is that the first 7/8ths of the runway is pretty rough, so I like to land at the far end where it's much smoother. yup, that was totally on purpose.

Well, turnabout is fair play so they say. Zach recorded me landing thinking it was you. I only elected to avoid the roughest first half of the runway lol.

He also got a vid of us departing:

As an airport winds down you meet some interesting people. All are pilots who have flown from Wilgrove and a Mooney that is being disassembled to leave
Good to see Steve B and Alan C and Larry on this beautiful Friday in March Wilgrove  03202020.jpg Wilgrove  a  03202020.jpg Wilgrove b 03202020.jpg

Back