1st Passenger

momalley

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
momalley
Finally took up my 1st passenger on Friday night. A co-worker has been asking to go up since I started taking lessons. We've been scheduled to go up 3-4 times but have had to cancel each time due to weather.

I booked the plane about a week ago for Friday after work and the weather was to be out of here by Friday morning. We had low cloud cover all day Friday with no signs of it clearing up. However 5pm rolls around and it finally starts clearing up. He heads home to let out his dog and I head to the airport to start preflighting.

He gets to the airport and I go grab him and walk him out to the plane. I quickly go over what I have done so far and we get in the plane. I basically walk him though everything as I was doing it to make him feel comfortable.

At about 6:45pm we took off from Republic (FRG) and headed southwest to the shoreline and proceed to fly along the shoreline at about 400agl on our way to the Hudson River Exclusion.

Ended up having a great night flight of about 1.2 hours and ending with my co-worker asking when we could go again during the day.

Nice job,night flying can be a great time when the weather is good.

Very nice, have fun!

Back