1st flight, 2015?

Flight review at 10 PST. It was a good flight because I was flying.

I just ended up doing laps around the traffic pattern, getting some landing practice in the club Arrow. Even playing in the traffic pattern can be a really beautiful thing around here though. On one lap I was following a cherokee on the upwind and watching them turn crosswind in front of the setting sun was just amazing.

10885442_10205635897126897_4094546146094457390_n.jpg

1526677_10205635898446930_8141287334849630066_n.jpg

On the Leeward side of Lake Michigan makes for difficult Winter flying

I flew out and met a dozen people in 7 planes for lunch at KGED. Best news that a friend down in Savannah got his PPL yesterday.

Flew a bay tour from KPAO to San Francisco. Flew over the GG Bridge and
Alcatraz and few loops around the city. Weather was fantastic. Couldn't
have asked for a better day.

Victor

just curious, but did u get FF for the bay tour?

congrats to all who got to fly on NYD, and also to all who thought about flying, wanted to fly but couldn't, could have flown but didn't, didn't fly but could have, were too hung over to fly, would have flown if they could have but couldn't fly so they didn't, um, did I leave anyone out?

Not a serious break I hope.

Landed it hard enough to blow the right main tire and break the brake caliper off.

He's fine, but the plane will now need a thorough inspection as well as repair... and now it's got damage history with a whopping 60 hours on it:(

I tried but I found my nose wheel tire with 5 lbs. of air in it, I didn't notice it was that flat the night before when I plugged it in and I had checked the pressure last weekend. I aired it back up and couldn't hear a leak, but decided it would be better to wait for another day. I don't know how old the tires and tubes are, they've got lots of tread but the sidewalls are cracking so happy new year for me, new tires and tubes all around :D

Airborne outa KFRG around 10:50 -----> KGON, Lunch then RTB along north coast of LI.

Gusty, Gusty, GUSTY... Good tailwind on the way out (145kts across the ground at only 3000ft)- a fun and challenging flight with a passenger. I took my college buddy up with me for his first flight with me (his second time ever in a small plane). I paid for lunch on the condition that he hold it in until we returned home.;)

Landings not exactly Greased....But Crosswinds and gusts handled SMARTLY!!! Plane is re-usable, nothing bent broken, or stretched-

It's a great confidence builder when you can explain whats happening to your passenger, and they see the immediate results of what you briefed them on (think: cross wind techniques, navigation, radio work, arrival procedures)- 150 Hrs TT in the book so far 50.2 XC-PIC...LOVED LEARNING SOMETHING DURING EVERY MINUTE OF IT:yes::yes::yes:

We were wheels up at 8:45 at SMX wandering around on a perfect day to fly.It was 46 degrees F, clear with very little wind. We dropped into L52 and eventually made it to SBP.
I spent some learning how to teach flight planning with a fixed wing CFI (Doug Faner) and a pretend student (DK).
We flew back to SMX watching the sun set over the Pacific.
It was a great start to the New Year.
DK and I are flying down to CMA Saturday and I was concerned with my skill at teaching how to plan a cross country the manual way so I enlisted the best CFI that I know to walk DK through it again.

Low IFR are here this morning in JAX. Got out and did some approaches into CRG

Couldn't make the 1st (too cold), but got up today for my first flight of 2015.
bbb15594a4d670ae0cfa35a3b51b4e3a.jpg

Mrs. P likes to fly, but she likes football better. :dunno: So I had to wait until today to break the seal on the new year. Nice, calm flight.

Glad I had the chance to fly today; it may have been the last chance for a few days due to weather. :redface:

First flight of 2015 was this morning, check ride prep for tomorrow morning. Hoping my landings go better tomorrow than they did today, weren't the smoothest :(

-Brian

Just now saw this thread. I loaded up the plane with two friends to go visit a teacher who moved. Left around 9 am. Was a little bumpy but then 1/3 of the way there we hit a really bad patch. My passengers weren't too excited when our headsets flew off... I decided to turn around. Only had to pry one passengers fingernails out of the interior :)

Too much football to watch on New Years, but I did fly today....took a 15 year old aspiring young pilot up for his introductory flight lesson. Can't think of a better "First Flight" for 2015!

Wheels up at 8AM. 2.7 on the day. Marshfield to Mansfield to pick up a pilot buddy. Hit LWM for breakfast and found them closed. Midfield Cafe at Nashua was open so made them the next stop. Back to Mansfield then home. Winds picked up mid day though not quite what was predicted.

0 -0 here and has been for the last 48 hours looks like it breaks tomorrow and we will crank and go....

Back