1999 T206H 17240hrs

David Augspurger

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dirtracer35
Thinking about an ex CHP 206, N521HP It has a fresh engine and prop 141 SMOH. The aircraft logbooks are complete and tons of maintenence. The aircraft shows no signs of corrosion.
It has quite a few extra antennas and a camera mount on the side. The panel has 2 audio panels and some missing radios. There is a 3rd audio panel for the back seat passenger. It needs the panel cleaned up and a single audio panel installed. Some of the inside panels need to be repaired. It has a whipaire passenger door and AC that doesnt work. IT has a JPI engine monitor shadin fuel flow TCAS HSI etc. Can buy the airplane for 140K. Will I be stuck with this forever? What do the experts think about a high time aircraft?
Thanks
David

I know 206's are great planes and a newer one is worth a premium but I do think that approaching 20,000 hours is going to turn a lot of prospective buyers away. I am no expert in this so take it for what it's worth. I'm guessing the maintenance has been well taken care of considering the owner though.

Good luck in your airplane buying quest!

Was this plane on a public use registration ? Are all the mods STCed and documented ?

I have flown older 206s with around the same hours and less maintenance that were still making money.

You won't be stuck with it. I am surprised it hasn't already gone to South America.

Was this plane on a public use registration ? Are all the mods STCed and documented ?
:yeahthat:

You should have a conformity inspection done to ensure that it conforms to its type certificate or proper altered condition. PAO aircraft frequently have mods that are not civil aircraft legal.

Lots of 207s in Alaska have 35,000 hours. Robair Repair, Silverdale WA. can keep a 206/207 going forever.

If you buy it and fly it for the next 20 years, it'll still have less than 20K hours when you're ready to sell. Someone will buy it :D

Cessna has a 10,000 hour continued airworthiness maintenance program. You can purchase it from a Cessna dealer, like Kenmore Air Harbor.

Frequently you will run across a high time Cessna that has not adhered to that inspection. It calls for eddy current inspections as well as others. I'd make it a condition of the sale.

Back