For Sale 1996 Aviat Husky for sale

coloradobluesky

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
coloradobluesky
850 hours. IFR GPS , VOR/GS, autopilot. Fun taildragger. Been flying reguarly. Needs a 5k annual but can be flown fine the way it is. Lost medical. Substantial discount for quick sale. At Erie Co, KEIK. WHATS THE PROTOCAL FOR PHONE NUMBERS? CALL ME ANYTIME. A nice airplane. Flew twice a week for 4 years. Always hangared.

Price? Any pics available?

Geez, I'd love to have a Husky! Maybe after I'm done with the 210 I'll go Husky!

Its out a annual but 5k puts I back to perfect. If someone wants it as is and annual it fine otherwise I doit. Is been flyying regularly just fine. Starts first crank. I grew it Maryland to co 4 years ago and co to east Texas a year ago. No problems. Very reliable simple airplane

I’d fricken love it if I could afford it

Good luck to the OP with the sale. It looks like a spanky and sought after aircraft. I hope it sells quickly so the OP can move on to other more important issues.

That’s about the most insensitive post I have ever seen on here.
Didn't mean it that way at all. I guess I was saying that he isn't the fellow to pick nits with about the airplane. I suspect he's got bigger concerns. Sorry if I caused offense.

I have to sell the airplane to finance my brain cancer, lung cancer and dimentia.

I have to sell the airplane to finance my brain cancer, lung cancer and dimentia.

Coloradobluesky: Sent PM yesterday seeking way to contact you privately regarding this. Your post has no contact info other than this public forum. Could you please reply to PM or to the email I provided in the PM, at your convenience. I may be able to help you with a serious buyer that can act quickly for you. ANybody else in Denver area or Colorado that can facilitate connecting me with colorodobluesky, please?

Really man? Very disrespectful.
I said it to help. I did not mean to be disrespectful. I am quite worried about his cancer. I know a lot about it, and I really don’t want to say any more about it here. I don’t want people picking over his airplane. If you don’t like it, fine. I just didn’t want to see his aircraft criticized here. Obviously I said it wrong, but if you stop to think about it there isn’t a good way to say what I wanted.

I said it to help. I did not mean to be disrespectful. I am quite worried about his cancer. I know a lot about it, and I really don’t want to say any more about it here. I don’t want people picking over his airplane. If you don’t like it, fine. I just didn’t want to see his aircraft criticized here. Obviously I said it wrong, but if you stop to think about it there isn’t a good way to say what I wanted.
????

Help what? You could’ve just said the above explanation, rather than mock his medical condition in such a way. I’m not really sure what you were wanting to say... As far as I’m concerned, nobody has said anything out of line that needs to be corrected.

With all due respect to everyone, I think Steingar was trying to bring some levity and help Coloradobluesky. Maybe let’s keep the thread focused on helping Coloradobluesky move his Husky as quickly as possible. I only wish I had the means or resources to help him out.

With all due respect to everyone, I think Steingar was trying to bring some levity and help Coloradobluesky.

I know what Steingar knows and what he said was tame compared to the realities of metastasized melanoma in the brain. He knows as do I, what the docs have told @coloradobluesky and his joke is tame compared to that. He wasn’t trying to be mean. He’s a cancer researcher.

@coloradobluesky also knows his condition and is living his days now with gusto and I’m sure realizes “dain bramage” is about 1/100th of the reality. The Docs don’t mince words with this one.

I also wish I had better contacts and/or resources to help out on the Husky, but I’m letting people know that there’s one available when I talk to local airport folk.

Let’s find him a buyer for his Husky if we can. If I had it, I’d plunk down the cash just to get him not to waste any more time on it.

You’ve got my number via PM if you need anything, sir, even if it’s just a trustworthy third party for the family to ask airplane sales questions of.

They say if you’re not livin’ you’re dyin’. I think @coloradobluesky will live life as hard as he can for as long as he can.

One thought for ya: Check with the glider folks. Boulder Soaring Society, Mile High, etc. Maybe one needs a solid towplane.

Pinging @tonycondon also since he might know some glider nuts somewhere who are hunting a new tow plane.

Be a good legacy too. It’d help teach a bunch of people how to fly with solid stick and rudder skills. I thought of it because sometimes glider clubs are searching and also have the cash saved to move on something relatively quickly when it comes up.

Is the Husky on TAP, Controller, or Barnstormers yet? If I lived out there, I’d be willing to take pictures of the plane, scan the logbooks, etc. and put the ad up for him. Maybe someone who is close by can do this. Maybe if this is done, those who might be interested in it would have more information and be able to decide if it’s worth a trip out there in person. Just a thought.

Yeah, if I had the cash I’d relieve him of the thing, if only to get it off his hands and flip it for a loss. I’ve mentioned it to a number of pilots I know. I really hope we can help. I am truly sorry if my comment caused offense.

How about .... a few of us in Colorado chip in, form a partnership, buy the Husky, then worry about flipping it later. I could come up with $5 - $10k as a partner, but no way I can afford it by myself. We happen to have an excellent aviation lawyer on POA (who used to live here) that could help set it up.

Any takers?

How about .... a few of us in Colorado chip in, form a partnership, buy the Husky, then worry about flipping it later. I could come up with $5 - $10k as a partner, but no way I can afford it by myself. We happen to have an excellent aviation lawyer on POA (who used to live here) that could help set it up.

Any takers?

That would be a awesome plane to be a partner in, actually I'm surprise the plane hasn't sold yet

I would not assume that "nothing" is happening. People, including me, generally don't want to conduct that sort of thing on a public board.

Back