For Sale: Aircraft 1982 Piper Archer II - $80,000 - SOLD

Just so you know I’m not casting shade at your plane at all. I have the same ancient auto pilot and a similar small screen GPS and the same engine analyzer. And a non-Garmin ADSB. When I was buying I looked at the Archer but decided to go with an Arrow as it was The same money
No worries. I have a club nibbling on it. Depending on how that goes we will move to phase 2.

Can't really speculate on the price as such, but I can tell you clean Warriors/Archers/172s, etc., are hard to find. I have had several recent students in the market for the entry level single engine piston, and have a hard time finding anything on the market at all that isn't a complete basket case.

The panel has a lot of upgrades which is desirable. The ADS-B box is somewhat non conventional, which could be a minor detractor but at least it has ADS-B. 1400 SMOH is high time in my book. It could last another 600+ hours easy, but as a prospective buyer it would be smart to keep that in the back of your mind you may be in for an engine at anytime.

$80k may be slightly on the high side, but supply and demand. Supply for Archers seems to be reasonably tight at the moment. I don't think it is extravagantly overpriced.

Good luck with it. I think you're not far off, I hope you get close to what you're asking.

For me, I don't have the money to set aside now for an engine fund to save for the future and trying to save 25k allocated across 600 hour means saving $41 per hour.

A club would not necessarily have that issue. If they could get the right price, they should have the funds already in hand for a future overhaul because for them, it's probably 9-15 months out.

Awesome congrats! What’s next?

Thanks. Should be stopping near you (maybe not??) on the way home with the new plane on Thursday. Fuel stop at Bolivar.
Real near! Keep me informed as to the timing, I can easily come up to meet you...it's only thirty minutes. My mobile number coming via PM.

Ever bought a house? Very common.

As a broker, yes I have. Have seen Buyers make the offer contingent. But have never seen a seller make the sale contingent. Just my observations. YMMV.

Thanks. Should be stopping near you (maybe not??) on the way home with the new plane on Thursday. Fuel stop at Bolivar.

Closish. TX32 is about 2.5hrs; everything’s bigger here and all that.

As a broker, yes I have. Have seen Buyers make the offer contingent. But have never seen a seller make the sale contingent. Just my observations. YMMV.

Perhaps I've conflated it with the Seller asking for longer or shorter escrows to accommodate their needs.

Well, that was quick.

Congrats on the new plane.

Back