For Sale 1980 Enstrom Helicopter Project

I can refer you to two of my fellow pilots who broke their backs in one after the engine quit, due to a faulty design. I would not step foot in an Enstrom.

All the hard work is already done. You are basically getting a 750k helicopter for 35k. Great deal....

There’s no telling what “all the labor intensive jobs are done” means. Specifically, what are the component times? If you’ve gotta throw in overhauled components such as blades, drive train, engine, etc., you’re easily looking at another 150K. And you still have a 1980 Enstrom.

The seller’s comment of a new 750K Enstrom is meaningless. It would be like trying to sell a 1980 Baron project and saying that a new one goes for 1.5 million. Who cares? Your project is far from being completed and far from being new.

Personally, I’d rather buy a late model 280 with nice paint and updated panel for less than 200K vs buying an old project and sinking a fortune into it.

I learned to fly helicopters in Enstroms. In fact all of my whopping 125 hours are in them. That said, not interested in buying...

seems like Enstroms are becoming the new Robinsons.

Back