For Sale 1980 310R FIKI, G500, GTN750 - SOLD

Nice 310, priced reasonably. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

We just got the list up about an hour ago and haven't hit the listing services yet. Only took me a year to finally decide to sell it. :) Thanks for the compliment.

We just got the list up about an hour ago and haven't hit the listing services yet. Only took me a year to finally decide to sell it. :) Thanks for the compliment.

I think it'll sell quick, too. After reading all you did to maintain it, if I had the cash on hand, I'd have already picked up the phone.

I even showed it to the missus... "If you want to do something incredibly stupid financially, there's always this..." and I wasn't referring to the value of the plane at all, just that it wouldn't work (yet?) within our budget. Plus need a better mission for it than to sit in the hangar looking pretty. Ha.

She chuckled and said, "Nice!" She's holding out for something with a radial engine for aviation induced bankruptcy, I think. ;-)

Had to be a difficult decision I'm sure. But I expect you are flying the Crusader much more and would guess difficult to find time/hours to stay proficient to your high personal standards on both planes?

It won't sit long. Very pristine, well maintained bird. She's a beauty! Good luck with the sell!

Nice looking airplane, well equipped. One question though, why two transponders?

A lot of bigger planes have two and I think it might be a throwback to when they weren't as reliable as the current digital units. When I got it it had a Garmin 327 and a king 76. The plane already had the gdl-88 and I wanted to get 2020 compliant so I pulled the 76 and put in the 330ES. Not a great answer, but it's all I got.

Had to be a difficult decision I'm sure. But I expect you are flying the Crusader much more and would guess difficult to find time/hours to stay proficient to your high personal standards on both planes?

I didn't appreciate the differences between flying a turbine and a piston twin when I upgraded. I also wasn't flying the 310 as much as I thought I would. My heart says to keep it, but the smart thing is to let it go to another caretaker.

A lot of bigger planes have two and I think it might be a throwback to when they weren't as reliable as the current digital units. When I got it it had a Garmin 327 and a king 76. The plane already had the gdl-88 and I wanted to get 2020 compliant so I pulled the 76 and put in the 330ES. Not a great answer, but it's all I got.
Mine has two (V35A TC Bonanza)....I was told it's a part 135 thing. Could be a 135 requirement....definitely required at turbo altitudes. So having redundancy makes it more capable to make $$$.

I have met the broker, Guy Mahler before. A good person to have in your corner both as seller and buyer. Especially if you have/want C177 or Cessna light twin.

I didn't appreciate the differences between flying a turbine and a piston twin when I upgraded. I also wasn't flying the 310 as much as I thought I would. My heart says to keep it, but the smart thing is to let it go to another caretaker.

Somebody is going to get a lovely example of the type.
My partners and I are in the midst of a significant, resource-sucking business expansion or I would have already bit the hook. It's a near perfect next-twin for me.

Yeah I've always heard it was dispatch reliability for folks who needed to be moving and not waiting around for a replacement to show up. If one crapped out, just use the other one. Similar to backup instruments on the panel.

Aww and I was saving all my change in a jar too! Dern it.

Congrats, someone getting a beautiful well taken care of C310.

went to lerner home page got it. in contract

Well...She was delivered to her new home today after sailing through the prebuy inspection. Funds are in the bank. :)

Three items that I agreed to address out of the inspection -

1. Nav light inop. Replaced a bulb.
2. The new owners wanted the props adjusted up to make full 2700 RPM on takeoff. They got 2660 on the test flight. Done.
3. A transponder antenna was cracked and so I agreed to put a new one on.

$250 in total. Good stuff.

We also suspected that the AI driving the autopilot was starting to go as we were seeing some pitch oscillations in cruise so we gave the new buyers a credit for the cost of an OH on the gyro. It was fine on the acceptance flight, but I wanted to send the plane off with a clear conscience.

I'm very happy with the process and the outcome and am glad the plane is going to the new owners who appear to be very excited. They've operated a T-bone and so are not new to caring for these caliber aircraft. I can highly recommend Guy Maher as a broker.

I still love that plane and am happy I got to be its caretaker for a few years.

Eggman

Congratulations on the sale, I know it's bittersweet for you, but it's hard to fly them both enough when they do the same mission. Now it's time to buy you a nice single for boring holes in the sky and for the kiddos to learn to fly! :D

Back