1969 Cherokee 140B: need right nav light

RonP

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RvP
Went to fly yesterday and noticed a funny round cut in the right wing cover where the nav light is. Took the cover off and the light was smashed. Hard to prove who hit it such as the guy who cuts the grass. Looks like the damage is just to the cover, lens and bulb. Any suggestions where I can find one?

Went to fly yesterday and noticed a funny round cut in the right wing cover where the nav light is. Took the cover off and the light was smashed. Hard to prove who hit it such as the guy who cuts the grass. Looks like the damage is just to the cover, lens and bulb. Any suggestions where I can find one?
Get the part numbers ( you do have a copy of the parts manual, right? ) and contact any of the retailers, e.g Spruce, WagAero, etc. If there’s a lighting distributor in your area, they’ll have the bulb. Or go LED.

Any of the usual sources have them. I haven’t had any trouble finding replacements for the Archer.

Any suggestions where I can find one?
Do you have a strobes mounted on same light assy? Once you figure out the part number can go new or used. Free parts books on line. Used route check eBay and the salvage yards. Pretty common light assy across many different aircraft provided its the factory lights installed.

On Tip Strikes like this it’s a good idea to have a qualified person check the Wing Attach Points.

Yes; I know it APPEARS to be only a damaged nav light assembly. I have seen the
Forward Attach Point torn completely out under similar circumstances.
And it was flying!

Thanks for the replies. I do have a parts manual and think I just need a lens and bulb. The metal cover which appears to be aluminum is slightly deformed and can be reshaped (just a small dimple). I will shop around for the best price on all 3 parts (lens, bulb and aluminum cover). I understand the concern about wing tip strikes and the wing attachment point. Will call my mechanic to get his opinion.

Problem solved! I called the airport manager this morning and even though we don’t know how it happened and the airplane is too far from the surveillance camera he offered without hesitation to cover the damage. I have a call in to the A&P to replace the broken light and inspect for other damage.

Back