1968 C182 (N42556) FOR SALE!

madriverman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
madriverman
SOLD: 1968 C182 (N42556) FOR SALE!

Folks...I will be putting my 1968 C182L up for sale soon (N42556). Great bird, IFR (Garmin 400, KX155, MX12 w/glideslope), Garmin 340 audio, 4-place comm, STOL kit (flies with the stall horn on at 40mph), 79 gal tanks, 11.5 gph, new tires, compressions all around 70, 1300 on the tach, 5500 total time. Paid $47K for it 3 years ago, added about $12K in panel/gps/comm work. Based in Montrose, Colorado...let me know if you know anyone who is interested. Thanks!

Last edited:
Tim, what year is Miss Dubious?

Cruise is 130Kts over the ground with the STOL kit.

Asking price is $50,556 but its negotiable.

I'm sure it would be better for the buyer if it was $42,556 but...

Does on the tach mean SMOH? A buddy was looking to buy a Grumman and they were trying to sell the tach time as since overhaul. Logs and mechanic confirmed that the tach was replaced over 1k hours after the OH and the owners didn't believe us when we told them tach time != total engine use.

Does on the tach mean SMOH? A buddy was looking to buy a Grumman and they were trying to sell the tach time as since overhaul. Logs and mechanic confirmed that the tach was replaced over 1k hours after the OH and the owners didn't believe us when we told them tach time != total engine use.

You are correct, the tach is no absolute indicator of time on the engine. The tach can be changed out at any time either with a new one with zero time or a used one with some random time on it. That would all be logged in the maintenance records. Also, even though it is commonly used, tach time is not even the true indicator of time of use for the purposes of overhaul. People like to use tach time because it stretches out the overhaul intervals over the true index.

Great points fellas. You made me check the engine log.
So, 1300 on the tach, 1260 SMOH.
I feel like it's Christmas all over again.

Great points fellas. You made me check the engine log.
So, 1300 on the tach, 1260 SMOH.
I feel like it's Christmas all over again.

So there were already 40 hours on a new tach when the overhaul was performed? Nice little bonus.

And, if you know someone who is looking for a solid flyer, I'll throw in a finders fee for ye!

What kind of autopilot, What capabilities?

Hi Tom,

It's a STEC-40 slaved to the DG so it will follow the heading bug...
The plane is IFR with the GNS400 GPS, KX155 with nav/com/VOR/LOC...and an MX12 nav/com/VOR/Glide slope

Here are some photos and log book shots for you:

https://goo.gl/photos/sMJnLXixXB4WEbWKA

Also, trade offers accepted! I am looking to get into a Bonanza 35 or a Mooney! Thanks for your help. Additionally, if you know someone who is looking, I'll offer you a commission if the sale goes through.

Back