1967 Cherokee 140 for Sale

John221us

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
John
My Cherokee is up for sale. It has been a great plane for logging hours and traveling throughout CA, but I am now looking for something I can fly into the mountains to visit my dad on occasion (over 200 hp) and go to Tucson to visit my GF's family. I have had this plane for just over 3 years and have had it professionally maintained at Lincoln Skyways (I defer nothing). My A&P has said he is willing to discuss the plane with anyone who's interested in buying it. I am asking $24,900, but will consider any reasonable offer.

I try to fly it weekly and have put about 350 hours on it since I bought it. I have installed B.A.S. Retractable four point shoulder harnesses (big safety item for me) and an insight engine monitor. All the deferred maintenance (from the previous owner) is caught up (new hoses, new exhaust, brake hoses, baffling repairs, etc.). I do oil analysis at every oil change (Skyways has the data and all is good) and compressions are mid 70's or better.

http://www.controller.com/listingsd...ROKEE-140/1967-PIPER-CHEROKEE-140/1293669.htm

My Cherokee is up for sale. It has been a great plane for logging hours and traveling throughout CA, but I am now looking for something I can fly into the mountains to visit my dad on occasion (over 200 hp) and go to Tucson to visit my GF's family. I have had this plane for just over 3 years and have had it professionally maintained at Lincoln Skyways (I defer nothing). My A&P has said he is willing to discuss the plane with anyone who's interested in buying it. I am asking $24,900, but will consider any reasonable offer.

I try to fly it weekly and have put about 350 hours on it since I bought it. I have installed B.A.S. Retractable four point shoulder harnesses (big safety item for me) and an insight engine monitor. All the deferred maintenance (from the previous owner) is caught up (new hoses, new exhaust, brake hoses, baffling repairs, etc.). I do oil analysis at every oil change (Skyways has the data and all is good) and compressions are mid 70's or better.

http://www.controller.com/listingsd...ROKEE-140/1967-PIPER-CHEROKEE-140/1293669.htm

Clean looking machine. Good luck with the sale!

Looks nice. The Controller websites sucks though, you should post on Barnstormers too.

Thank you. I have it listed in Controller only right now. Should I list it in Trade-a-Plane as well?

I never cared for the search on Barnstormers, but I guess I could try it.

Just don't go crazy on the ad options, sticking in on the front page etc. Just a regular ad with pictures is fine

Looks nice. The Controller websites sucks though, you should post on Barnstormers too.

I feel just the opposite. I like Controller but not as big a fan of Barnstormers. Its free so I think there are a higher volume of scammers.

Nice looking plane. For a moment I was wondering if it was a constant speed prop cherokee 140:wink2:

Last edited:

If you're ready for 520 HP on 2 engines for those mountains and desert, let me know.

It is. The 310 is not a monster.

Maybe not, it just eats like one. I am not sure I am ready for the care and feeding of a twin. I was thinking maybe a Cherokee 235 / Pathfinder. My mission is a mix of mid-range cross country (~300 miles) with an occasional longer jaunt and a lot of $100 $200 hamburger runs. I would like to get to the mountains to visit my dad and also do some skiing.

This is a great looking plane! If I just had a little but more money saved I'd be totally interessted!

The 140 is a great "starter plane"....especially for someone just embarking on their training. It's a great little trainer, but has some room to grow into once you have your license.

I feel just the opposite. I liek Controller but not as big a fan of Barnstormers. Its free so I think there are a higher volume of scammers.

Nice looking plane. For a moment I was wondering if it was a constant speed prop cherokee 140:wink2:

In the for what it's worth department my aircraft has been scammed on TAP, Controller, Barnstormers and ASO

I don't think any of them are immune from it. TAP is the only one that has called me to confirm I am really selling it, and Barnstormers questioned my authority to tell them to remove the ad.

I bought it 10 hours into my training and it has been the perfect starter plane. It still fits 80% of my mission, but I am ready for a little more plane. I don't want to step up to too high of performance, as I still like to just jump in and go on a whim (not just a traveler) and the Cherokee has been that type of plane; load up the folding bikes and head to the beach for the day. It doesn't burn much fuel and it hauls enough weight (860 useful) for most activities.

Looks like it is sold. I signed the purchase agreement today and took the deposit. Hopefully we can get the inspection done in the next couple of weeks (the shop is pretty busy).

Looks like it is sold. I signed the purchase agreement today and took the deposit. Hopefully we can get the inspection done in the next couple of weeks (the shop is pretty busy).

Good, now let's see how you fit in a bonanza :D

Good, now let's see how you fit in a bonanza :D

Everyone fits nicely in a Bo! :yes: Flew the A36 to ND last night after my 24.3 hrs in the Cherokee Six for spring break. It was soooo nice to be back in the Bo!

Back