1965 Piper Cherokee 180C

thank you.....and note no GPSS either in the 310. :D

Nope, but it would have gone in with the autopilot. I understand his point about running out of budget, but it still doesn't change the fact that's it a 95% job that will now cost 10% more to complete later due to the higher install cost. The less money you have, the more expensive everything is.

and that extra 10% won't help sell it one iota.....and that's $3,000 saved. Good call IMHO.

Nope, but it would have gone in with the autopilot. I understand his point about running out of budget, but it still doesn't change the fact that's it a 95% job that will now cost 10% more to complete later due to the higher install cost. The less money you have, the more expensive everything is.

Agree with that point, alot :)

When I bought the plane it didn't even have a GPS. It had a Garmin SL30 with a VOR/Glideslope, that's about it. The other slot above that VOR was an electric AI which never worked (castle berry). As it sat, I could have just left everything alone and done nothing but VOR/LOC/ILS approaches that had no DME/ADF requirements because this didn't have a DME or an ADF.

The previous owner never needed GPSS because well..he never had a GPS :). I got the quote for the GPSS when I installed the GTN 650 and the additional GI 106A (VOR/Glideslope) to go with it. After that install sure it was basically another 10% on top of that to put in GPSS, but that money was spent on a new audio panel (GMA 347 to replace the terra that was in there..yeah I know..old avionics) and BAS shoulder harnesses.

As it sits now the plane can fly pretty much any approach out there with some very minor backwater airport exceptions, which was ideal for me getting my instrument rating.

Hopefully the person who buys this plane will now only have the 3K investment for GPSS (if they want it) rather than the massive investment to actually PUT a GPS in the plane which I've done.

Hand flown baby, AP is for people who don't actually like to fly, they just want to say so.:lol: Actually I was going to put in a STEC 60-3 that found in a 310D, but to get the STC STEC was going to charge me the same price as a new one.:mad2: So I had my eye out for a Cessna 400 I could install in the TC.

from what I've heard, STEC is a bunch of A-holes when it comes to switching STCs from one airframe to the next. I understand wanting to make a few bucks, but c'mon.

a buddy of mine just installed an STEC (30 maybe?), and I believe he paid 14k installed. Like I mentioned earlier, I think the cherokee is a good price.

Last edited:
Going the broker route with this one, once I get that all setup I'll send the link out for anyone that is still interested.

Just wanted to say this is a very nice bird from what seems to be a good and trustworthy seller. I've been lurking this thread.

This is useless trivia, of course, but I just need to mentally unwind for a bit.
-
-
-
There. I feel better now. :)

Gee, you ignored the Flite Liners!!!

2 seat, very basic panel, no overhead vent Cherokee for flight schools. All original N numbers ended in Foxtrot Lima.

Congratulations!

Thanks! Bittersweet seeing it go, but the buyer has great plans for the plane. Now I gotta start flying 172's again if I wanna get my flying fix! Gonna be weird since the wings are in the wrong location ;P

But the view will be amazing! ;)

Heh, yeah I admit I DO miss the view looking straight down from a high-wing. Might see if there is one available to rent Sunday this weekend. The best way to get over a plane is to get into another one heh...

Back