1948 Cessna on Barnstormers

Not from misdirection and half accurate statements followed by backtracking. I gave up getting anything from these threads a while ago.
I don't see you doing anything but criticizing.
remember there are those that do, and those that criticize.

I don't see you doing anything but criticizing.
remember there are those that do, and those that criticize.
Its not my fault that you only seem to notice posts that call you out on your behavior.

For a long time, I’d read a thread thinking, surely this time some useful information will come out of it, but you always manage to go in circles until that’s impossible.

That was in 199?
Last flown in 2011, leads me to think. that is when it was ground looped
I've e-mailed with more questions, we'll see what he says.

It’s wasn’t a ground loop, he had a engine failure and forced landing ripping the landing gear off due to a poor preflight, that’s not a ground loop. Omissions.

It’s wasn’t a ground loop, he had a engine failure and forced landing ripping the landing gear off due to a poor preflight, that’s not a ground loop. Omissions.
the latest just in.

The guy who ground looped it is an IA and also the guy I bought it from. It was an engine stopped strike. Deadstick landing etc. He dialed the flange and it was .001”. It’s in annual now. So it’s not currently flying. As it goes through annual and gets updates, I will update the ad. I will be asking more money for it as it is getting updated. Finished I think it will be around $32k or so. Give or take. My job just made finishing it really hard since I will be so busy. I hate to sell it but it needs a home. Thanks.

On Dec 30, 2018, at 9:26 PM, Tom Downey <nc19143@comcast.net> wrote:

What was done to the engine after the prop/strike ground loop.
When was the annual signed off Dec18 or Jan 19 ?

On Dec 30, 2018, at 19:13, KW <dart373@aol.com> wrote:

Thought in the Ad it said the seller is a APIA and has owned for for like 3 decades?

Last edited:
I smell a rat,, either we have a very uninformed seller or a scammer, either are a PITA.
First off, he doesn't know proper terminology.
and does convey that he understands the way the FAA handles registration.

It is my humble opinion that the registration process will turn to a can of worms, and the bird simply isn't worth the Hassle.

Skeptics .... learn. Paperwork home work is important.

Re reading it, seems to just be worded a little odd, think maybe he said the prior owner of 28 years was a APIA.

Still, almost worse, seems this guy maybe got it from APIA who crashed it, owned it for a minute and now is trying to offload it.

0188-C7-D0-6-C8-B-4214-B9-EC-C0092-B35-B580.jpg

Maybe 3 weeks ago. The lady in OKC said it’s been taking about 1.5 months. But then again they are closed until this political BS reopens them so. So who knows how long it will take.

On Dec 30, 2018, at 11:02 PM, Tom Downey <nc19143@comcast.net> wrote:

How long ago did you send the request for registration to the FAA?

What is the point to all this? :confused:

Back