19. Visits to Health Professional Within Last 3 Years.

S

Sky King the IV

Maybe someone knows for sure, I get a First Class Medical every six months.

On my last application, I had a Laundry List of visits relating to a condition I had (required major surgery)

On my next application, do I need to relist those visits again (because they were within 3 years) or is once enough?

You have to list them again. This is why it's a good idea to keep a copy of your application. You should also be able to get all this from your insurance company's website.

You have to list them again. This is why it's a good idea to keep a copy of your application. You should also be able to get all this from your insurance company's website.
how do u get a copy of your application

Since they have been reported already, just duplicate and note PR - Previously reported, so there's no need to go into details.

how do u get a copy of your application
Write to OKC with a formal request for a copy of your whole medical record. You only need to pay for postage. Best bargain around.

Since they have been reported already, just duplicate and note PR - Previously reported, so there's no need to go into details.
I've been doing that, putting in PRNC, since my first medical in 1976. However 2 years ago my AME said that the FAA no longer allows PRNC for both Section 18 (Medical History) and Section 19 (Medical visits). That means everything is required to listed, which is why I make a copy of the Medical before I go to my AME.

The AME has to "demonstrate a working knowledge of the medical history". If you say PRNC, he has to quiz you. Of course if you go to the SAME AME, he merely writes, "Prior visits reviewed at last application", and disucsses the new visits only.

I got the PRNC questions the first time at my last medical. I can’t remember which particular item, but the AME asked “when was that?” I couldn’t remember, it was 18-ish years ago. I keep a file with a running list that I update every time I see a doc. Now I keep another list of the dates I reported any PRNC items the first time so I can enter “PRNC mm/yyyy” and maybe a short detail.

But I also have a file with copies of all my previous medical applications for reference.

I've been doing that, putting in PRNC, since my first medical in 1976. However 2 years ago my AME said that the FAA no longer allows PRNC for both Section 18 (Medical History) and Section 19 (Medical visits). That means everything is required to listed, which is why I make a copy of the Medical before I go to my AME.
Learn something new every day.....yaa for Basic Med.

The Medxpress instructions specifically direct wiring Previously Reported No Change for historical items that have been reported, but you still have to check the box. You just don't have to fill in all the details in the explanation. The AME may still ask you about the details for his own files and recollection. That's how it's always been AFAIK.

Back