185 Amphib vs 172

More rural midairs lately? Or just the internet skewing appearances? Probably putting TVs in bush planes and making it dangerous.

More rural midairs lately? Or just the internet skewing appearances? Probably putting TVs in bush planes and making it dangerous.

I agree with problem of the guys with iPads, hand helds, clip boards and 20 other things cluttering the cockpit for a VFR flight.

That said I don't see many 185 float planes that suffer from that problem.

Maybe with all this stuff you see on TV our overlords are getting ready to try their hand at user fees again :dunno:

Last edited:
User fees are a given, post ads-b. First get maximum voluntary compliance. Then set the hook. Same as our zombie phones we buy our own govt tracking devices and never leave home without them.

User fees are a given, post ads-b. First get maximum voluntary compliance. Then set the hook. Same as our zombie phones we buy our own govt tracking devices and never leave home without them.

If they go that route in this country, they will have tons of GA planes flying around with transponder CBs pulled.

Besides I'm sure NBAA and to a much lesser extent AOPA, will grease the right wheels to prevent user fees.

After all we are the country that overthrew our government over a tax on a breakfast beverage... aren't we?

I agree with problem of the guys with iPads, hand helds, clip boards and 20 other things cluttering the cockpit for a VFR flight.

That said I don't see many 185 float planes that suffer from that problem.

Maybe with all this stuff you see on TV our overlords are getting ready to try their hand at user fees again :dunno:

Boy you said a mouthfull there.

I was flying today with my 430W, 696, my phone plus an ipad running Garmin pilot.

At one point I said to myself "this is nucking futs! just look outside and enjoy the scenery and fly the damn airplane!" :mad2:

I guess it depends on how you use your iPad and if you have a yoke mount for it or not. I think that a quick glance at my iPad and not having to mess around with a paper chart or grab the AFD and thumb through it leaves my eyes looking outside more than inside these days.

SkyDog58 si right. I just glance at foreflight and switch to Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back