182Q vs 210N cabin size

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
I am curious as I have never been inside a 210, is the cabin width the same as a similar vintage 182? I know the older 182’s and strutted 210‘s were narrower. The 210 looks wider, but I’m curious if there is any real difference?
The reason I’m asking is I have someone wanting my 414, and I’m considering selling it and my 182 and having one plane that my son and I could both fly.

It's my understanding from the Cessna Pilots Association course I took on the 182, the 182 and 210 are the same except the cabin is extended.
This was in reference to 70's and 80's vintage.

I can tell you my 205 (same exact body as a P206 and mid 60's 210 cabin) is about 2 inches wider than a 182. It definitely feels roomier in the middle seats. The back seats, however, are snugger than the back seats of a 182.

On the mid 60's 210, they don't really have 6 seats. They are 4+2 kid seat things you will always keep folded down or have removed for insurance reasons.

The 210L in our club feels properly big and comfortable inside. Even the third row, while not a true third row, is more than just a little seat.. in my opinion it feels much bigger than a 182.

i have had the 182P and a P210. The 210 is 2" wider than the 182 but feels more than that. Its also obviously roomier in the cabin. My P210 doesnt have the open back that the T210 does, but figure they have 3 rows of seats, with the rear 2 seats of the 210 similar to the rear of the 182. It might be a little shorter in the back for the 3rd row 210, but not by too much. We usually take one of the middle row 210 seats and my wife prefers to sit in the backrow with her legs stretched out.

Thanks!! It does look wider. I’m looking for a true 4 passenger airplane and 206’s are slower and crazy expensive!!

Make sure you can get insurance in a 210. Well maybe not you but everyone that you plan on listing on there. They are requiring instrument I think for any new 210 policies being written.
But it’s a solid 4 pax plane and faster than a 206. Lol

Make sure you can get insurance in a 210. Well maybe not you but everyone that you plan on listing on there. They are requiring instrument I think for any new 210 policies being written.
My son has 350 hours and IR, all in 182. I’m not worried about me, 3800 hours almost all multi retract.

If you don’t need six seats and like a big baggage compartment check out the first year strutted 210. About 15-20 knots faster than a 182 and 260 hp IO-470. Very efficient.

@N747JB I'm a well known high wing hater on this forum, BUT, the 210 series of planes are probably my favorite single engine piston, I believe it executes best what a single engine piston can ultimately be. AOPA did a fly off a few years ago with two very well maintained planes, a Bonanza and 210 and the 210 won in all categories. I've looked at a few to buy when they come up for sale around here but so far have been scared to pull the trigger.

Good luck!

If you don’t need six seats and like a big baggage compartment check out the first year strutted 210. About 15-20 knots faster than a 182 and 260 hp IO-470. Very efficient.
I want 6 seats, even though it normally be 2 plus 2 dogs, maybe 4 adults and my granddaughter occasionally!

I am currently working with an older T210 pilot that the insurance company is requiring him to do a Flight Review and IPC every 6 months.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

I want 6 seats, even though it normally be 2 plus 2 dogs, maybe 4 adults and my granddaughter occasionally!
four adults and granddaughter is 5 :). but yes, I usually fly with 5 seats (one pulled out for easier ingress/egress). Its fully capapble of 4 adults and child. Its useful is north of 1200 for the heaviest of them for P. The T's are 1300-1400 I believe. So 500lbs of fuel and the rest is payload. 700-900lbs to play with. As I said before, its an absolute beast of a plane. Im kind of sad to be letting mine go soon but Ive since moved to a twin for space reasons.

In that case, buy my E33 Bonanza and do much better.

I am currently working with an older T210 pilot that the insurance company is requiring him to do a Flight Review and IPC every 6 months.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL
I’m only 59, but I understand. I sold my 425 to a gentleman that was a former Air Force pilot with tons of jet and turboprop time. He couldn’t get insurance without having another named pilot. He kept it a few months and sold it to get another Citation!

four adults and granddaughter is 5 :). but yes, I usually fly with 5 seats (one pulled out for easier ingress/egress). It’s fully capapble of 4 adults and child. Its useful is north of 1200 for the heaviest of them for P. The T's are 1300-1400 I believe. So 500lbs of fuel and the rest is payload. 700-900lbs to play with. As I said before, it’s an absolute beast of a plane. Im kind of sad to be letting mine go soon but Ive since moved to a twin for space reasons.
Are you selling a 210?

Are you selling a 210?
haha. if I could fly more, I wouldnt. But I dont have 300+ hours a year to fly. . . But yes I will probably list or broker it in the next week. Its a 1982 P210N. 1100 hours SMOH, 3500 TT. If you're seriously interested, drop me a PM. But the P210N is a different bird than the T, but as you're coming from a 414 you understand the pressurized etc.

haha. if I could fly more, I wouldnt. But I dont have 300+ hours a year to fly. . . But yes I will probably list or broker it in the next week. Its a 1982 P210N. 1100 hours SMOH, 3500 TT. If you're seriously interested, drop me a PM. But the P210N is a different bird than the T, but as you're coming from a 414 you understand the pressurized etc.
I didn’t realize it was a P210, I wouldn’t have any problems getting insurance, my son has 350 hours and his IR, I’m pretty sure they’d laugh at him flying it! I’m looking for a non-turbo if I can find one, not many available right now.

210’s roomier feeling. On paper not that much wider but the longer cabin probably contributes to the roomier feel.

Back