182 Skydive doesn't make it on Kauai....

And the second was reported to be a Sundowner. I don't know where Fox gets the RV6, but, then, all I know is what a see on-line, and we all know how reliable that can be. I guess we'll just have to watch the NTSB web site. Sorry to hear about the 5 lost on Kauai in that crash.

Do you think they were at gross? 5 People, plus skydiving equipment.

That's a fairly normal skydiving load, I used to jump from a 180, we always went with a pilot, an instructor, and three students who would go out on static line or for a short freefall, the aircraft would still climb at > 1000 fpm. I'm pretty sure we never carried much fuel, so I'm pretty sure we were still under gross.

I'd hope so, hard to make a living at a DZ if you arnt always flying with a full load of jumpers. Most small jump ships only would carry a few loads worth of fuel.

It's this plane:
1750245.jpg

By the way while they do seem to own a 207, that photo on their site is an obvious photoshop job.

And the second was reported to be a Sundowner. I don't know where Fox gets the RV6, but, then, all I know is what a see on-line, and we all know how reliable that can be. I guess we'll just have to watch the NTSB web site. Sorry to hear about the 5 lost on Kauai in that crash.
Yep, the second one was a Sundowner!
KathrynsReport.jpg

It was apparently the FAA who screwed up.

Sad to hear.

I was there for a week and didn't recall seeing or hearing about any skydiving going on. The helicopters sure were busy and I was glad when ours was over and we were safe.

Back