182 door post AD

Tom, that was true of the old software, but not the new. You'll never see a blocked person's post, even when someone else quotes them.

I have exactly one person blocked and I couldn't tell you if he's posting or not these days. This software totally buries them.
Then I will try it again.
But then it will be up to you to know when he is peddling bum dope.

I've only provided information from the service kit installation instructions.

Remember, we are looking at two different kits, two different aircraft, two different instructions.
only one gets the new inspection plates installed.

Was this concern for just 182’s or also other single engine strut style Cessna’s?
You'd have to read the proposed AD to see the list, but there are others like the 172-N and later, the 182-E and later, and the list goes on

Was this concern for just 182’s or also other single engine strut style Cessna’s?
The list.
We propose to adopt a new airworthiness directive (AD) for certain Textron Aviation Inc. Models 172N, 172P, 172Q, 172RG, F172N, F172P, FR172K, R172K, 182E, 182F, 182G, 182H, 182J, 182K, 182L, 182M, 182N, 182P, 182Q, 182R, T182, F182P, F182Q, F182RG, R182, TR182, 206, P206/ TP206, U206/TU206, 207/T207, 210–5 (205), 210–5A (205A), 210B, 210C, 210D, 210E, 210F, and T210F airplanes

Tom, that was true of the old software, but not the new. You'll never see a blocked person's post, even when someone else quotes them.

I have exactly one person blocked and I couldn't tell you if he's posting or not these days. This software totally buries them.
done

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=31672

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=29356

These are the two kit instructions. they say to modify the existing floor boards.

The local Cessna support center says it is easier to remove the entire floor, I took their word for it. I've never done of of these mods, and I don't intend to.
Really, you contacted the support center even though from the beginning you said you wouldn't do the kit install...

Really, you contacted the support center even though from the beginning you said you wouldn't do the kit install...
All part of the decision process

You are kidding, right?
Where did I miss "who must do The inspection" The AD will tell when /if it becomes an AD. And I doubt in this case it will be an owner do.
SBs are normally directed at the mechanics, but rarely say who is required, unless there is special equipment and certifications required.

normally part 39 compliance is a A&P function, but if it is nothing but a records search, owners/operators are allowed by the AD instructions.
So, If owners are allowed to do the inspection, the AD will say so.

Last edited:
Did I miss some big rush on these parts, the price from Cessna jumped from $1120(920) on AirPower to over $6000. Seems a bit extreme?

Opportunity for money grab and that aren't shy. We got one in our hands before the jump

Back