180 HP 172 for sale

NC Pilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
NC Pilot
My old 172 is back for sale (not by me). It has 6500 hours, and slightly over TBO on a new O-360 A4M engine (180 HP coversion was done by me). Avionics include a Garmin 300XL, Narco Mk12D, Narco 890 DME, S-Tec 40 Autopilot, plus the Cessna transponder and ADF. Very good paint and interior. Sharp plane and I am not getting anything out of this deal. Hangered at JNX (Smithfield, NC)

3YN.jpg

Any questions, PM me or call Paul Forehand at (919)740-7499.

Mark

Nice looking plane. Did you have the paint job done?

lurker said:
Nice looking plane. Did you have the paint job done?
Yep, it was my paint job done before Paul bought the plane from me.

I do kinda like it.

BTW, the asking price is $60K.

NC Pilot said:
BTW, the asking price is $60K.

Isn't that a touch high with a runout engine? Otherwise, nice looking plane. But we knew that, you fixed it up. :D

Ghery said:
Isn't that a touch high with a runout engine? Otherwise, nice looking plane. But we knew that, you fixed it up. :D
I just pass the information on, I don't pass judgement on them.:)

Actually, it is a really nice 172. 115 knots at 8 gph fuel burn. Trim is right on and it is faster than most 180 HP 172's around. Paint job still looks great, even after 4 or 5 years. Interior is looking a little worn, but just the plastic, not the seats or carpet. No damage history and very well maintained, plus this is a first run engine. So although it is past TBO, compressions are still great and oil analysis (which I started early in the life of the engine) is still good.

So, with that said, the price may be a little high but I bet this plane will sell close to the asking price.

Back