172 into O'hare........

The pilot answered the wake turbulence question on reddit:

"I'm guessing the 747 was at least 5-8 minutes ahead of us, and when we turned final he was already off the runway."

I haven't read the reddit, so maybe this was answered over there, but...

I'm assuming that means that for those 5-8 minutes, no other large plane landed before the Cessna? Did the Cessna pilot and controllers just happen to find a large enough window between large planes landing where they could fit him in and still give him 5-8 minutes to avoid wake turbulence?

I haven't read the reddit, so maybe this was answered over there, but...

I'm assuming that means that for those 5-8 minutes, no other large plane landed before the Cessna? Did the Cessna pilot and controllers just happen to find a large enough window between large planes landing where they could fit him in and still give him 5-8 minutes to avoid wake turbulence?

Standard separation between heavies on that arrival path would be more than enough. He'd just take up 2 slots in the queue. Late at night in a slow period, it's doable.

Anybody that wants to check off a class B from their bucket list should stop at MCI (Kansas City Intl). They really want the extra traffic count and are more than ready to let GA do pattern work except during their morning and evening pushes.

Anybody that wants to check off a class B from their bucket list should stop at MCI (Kansas City Intl). They really want the extra traffic count and are more than ready to let GA do pattern work except during their morning and evening pushes.

I believe it. I only fly through their airspace while en route, but once I heard the approach controller asking a pilot, very kindly, "How many touch and goes would you like at Kansas City International?" It was the radio-version of rolling out the red carpet for a good customer. A small plane, doing training.

as long as you can keep the speed up class b is no different than c. except, the chances of getting vectored to where you came from exponentially increase. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I believe it. I only fly through their airspace while en route, but once I heard the approach controller asking a pilot, very kindly, "How many touch and goes would you like at Kansas City International?" It was the radio-version of rolling out the red carpet for a good customer. A small plane, doing training.

Thats how the controllers can make more money. Enough ops and they will get bumped up a facility level which equals higher pay.

Back