172 Coast to Coast Ferry

Need to spell it out that you want a return airline ticket because the person spending the money might be thinking bus ticket....:lol::lol:
These days, a bus ticket is more expensive than an airline ticket. Especially considering the $/day rate does not end until home.

These days, a bus ticket is more expensive than an airline ticket. Especially considering the $/day rate does not end until home.

I was not aware of that. It has been several year since I took a bus trip. Even longer for a bus trip in the US. I haven't ridden inside a train. A trip across the country might be fun once.

Go on barnstormers and ask some of the ferry pilots that advertise there.

I found a ferry pilot / CFI to fly with me when I brought my Cardinal RG to Hoston from Detroit. The cost was much less than I’d expected and he worked with me long enough to get the transition training my insurance company required knocked out as well. He, and several others I talked with from Barnstormers, can fly at very low cost with the airlines and he only charged me for the time in my plane.

He said he ferries 15 or 20 planes a year and a fairly high percentage are coast to coast or close to it.

Gary

I’m in if you need a pilot

Thanks everyone for your messages and offers. My CFI might actually be able to help out for a reasonable cost if the deal goes through.

Back