16 Right

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
Just got my copy of One Six Right, This is one Very Good movie and Very Well made. I hope everyone gets the chance to see it . It truely tell the story of Van Nuys Airport, but more so it tell the Story of General Avaition. Enjoy It and FLY SAFE ALL
Dave G

My copy is still doing its long XC:

Allegany, NY -> Buffalo, NY -> Roanoke, VA -> Knoxville, TN -> Chattanooga, TN -> Local truck for delivery.

Should get it today, but can't watch until Friday night.

Bill Jennings said:
My copy is still doing its long XC:

Allegany, NY -> Buffalo, NY -> Roanoke, VA -> Knoxville, TN -> Chattanooga, TN -> Local truck for delivery.

Should get it today, but can't watch until Friday night.
Same here...mine is in Mass. and is expected to be delivered today...c'mon UPS :yes:

The USPS says they don't have mine, even though they gave me a tracing number. Typical government work.

N2212R said:
The USPS says they don't have mine, even though they gave me a tracing number. Typical government work.
Same here. I think maybe you get the tracing number when you get postage and lable via the internet -- it's not traceable until it actually is put in the mail.

Mine arrived on Monday. Watched it last night. Too many people just won't understand, but this pilot had a tear in his eye a couple times. Great movie.

[To cross-post what I wrote on another board a couple of days ago ...}

I've been around long enough to identify with some of the younger "old-timers" in the film. My first flight at Van Nuys was in a brand new Beech Musketeer II from Norm Larson Beechcraft in 1965. VNY was our home base from 1973 to 1995, and we still visit there a couple times a year. Over the years I've said "Hi, Phil" more than once, too. So this film tugged at a lot of heartstrings for me.

But more importantly this film may be the best ambassador for general aviation to the non-flying public to come along in a long, long time. GA has to do more than just preach to the choir. Its only chance for long-term survival is to show the non-flying segment of the population that GA benefits them, even if they never set foot in an airplane. The movie communicates that benefit, effectively I believe.

This film will be very beneficial to GA over the long term.

-- Pilawt

Update: I just recieved my DVD of "One Six Right" tonight. I'm definitely going to sacrifice Law & Order tonight and pop it into the DVD player tonight :goofy:

Pilawt, I Agree with you there, The Message Must Get Out, I personally will show this to anyone that is willing to watch it.
Dave Gaiski

I got mine today and had it in the DVD player before the UPS driver was out of the driveway. This is a must have DVD for all pilots, I my even buy another copy to leave in the pilots lounge at the airport.

*adds movie to christmas list*

Mine is STILL listed as unreceived by the USPS

got mine today, and watched it as soon as it was opened. Awesome.

I received mine yesterday and made time to watch it. It was simply amazing. It captured as best it could, the pure inspiring moments in just some of General Av. VNY is one neat airport, and Phil in VNY Tower can attest to that after so many years being there.

I really enjoyed it and plan on lending it to my grandfather, dad, and other flying friends. I hope many pilots (and non-pilots) are able to enjoy it and earn more respect for our all amazing passion for flight.

I applaud Brian Terwilliger with the rest of the members here and AOPA for a great documentary and hope to see more from him :goofy:

Dean said:
Try your tracking number through UPS.

It's not a UPS tracking number. Ups shipping numbers start with 1Z. This is all numerical. The USPS site says this:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0067 5079 35

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on December 06, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

N2212R said:
It's not a UPS tracking number. Ups shipping numbers start with 1Z. This is all numerical. The USPS site says this:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0067 5079 35

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on December 06, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Typical USPS tracking. The only two stages I've seen on USPS Tracking page's was the one you posted and "delivered XX/XX/XXXX"

Sorry, but that's the government for ya :dunno:

I received mine today and watched it this evening. I watched it with my son, who is not into aviation but is into film making. Both of us thought it was awesome.

I'm considering purchasing a copy for each of the members of our local airport advisory board. I can't wait to watch it again!

It arrived today. Unfortunately I had it sent to my office, and I don't have a DVD drive in my desktop here at work.

I just got done watching it--and loved it. My EAA chapter has got to see this. I just got it in the mail yesterday and brought it to the meeting to show it to people. If we didn't have those guys from the crew of the NASA DC8 giving talks (they have a deal with UND and are stationed at Grand Forks Air Force Base) we probably would have popped it in and watched it.

But the NASA guys' video was really cool, too. :) VERY interesting!

Now I am going to have trouble getting it back once I start loaning it. I'd better get another copy.

terry

I gave a copy to our airport manager. He wants everybody in city government from the City Manager on down to see it.

The film showed some scenes at a public viewing area, where families can enjoy interactive exhibits and watching airplanes take off and land. There was nothing like that at VNY when I was based there; and it looks like it's very close to where my Cherokee's tiedown was, some 23 years ago. I think that kind of public viewing area is a great idea, and I intend to push for something like that at my present home field.

-- Pilawt

Back