150 hours to private pilot

VanDy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
VanDy
Well, 152 hours later I have a private pilot certificate! Not really sure why it took so long other than I am pretty particular. None of my passengers ever complained so I guess I'm not too bad of a pilot.

Check ride was postponed 3 times. Once to weather and 2 for mx, check ride was pretty straight forward, and had a fun flight! Probably 4 of my best landings yet :)

-VanDy

150hrs!!!!!!

DAMN! Were there large breaks in your training or something?

well, congrats though :)

Cool! Congratulations!.com

Do you know what they call a guy who takes 150 hours to pass a check ride?

Yep...thats right...PILOT!!!

Took 120 hours to get mine. Reason was multiple instructors, multiple AC types (SEL and glider), and long breaks. Passed my checkride the first time, though, and the examiner commented, "so you really have 120 hours?"

Congrats ,who really cares how many hours it took,at least you never gave up.

Rec pilot...

:D

cats out of the bag, lol

I do have 150 hours in my logbook though, not counting the missing log book I have somewhere.:rofl:

Quick History, got my Recreational Certificate back in 2000 and been burning holes with my Tcraft since then, just started using my GI Bill to finance further Certificates. Total was 37.5 in the airplanes at the flight school.

50 hours or 152, doesn't matter......you did it and you can be proud of the accomplishment.......congrats !

Congrats....no one cares about the hours really, at a 150 hours you are a more experienced pilot than me.....

I think most everyone is missing out on the Rec Pilot part. You have been a pilot for probably 80-100 hours already. You are now a Private Pilot.

My uneducated guess at Rec Pilot: Self certified solo flights with a passenger. A wonderful way to enjoy local flying.

Jim

I think most everyone is missing out on the Rec Pilot part. You have been a pilot for probably 80-100 hours already. You are now a Private Pilot.

My uneducated guess at Rec Pilot: Self certified solo flights with a passenger. A wonderful way to enjoy local flying.

Jim

Recreational requires a medical, 180hp or less, 4 seats or less but only 1 pax, can get a 1 time sign off for cross country and controlled fields. It's a step beyond sport but below private

-VanDy

Congrats on the PPL. I would strongly recommend going for your IR.

I got my PPL at about 42 hours and i'm pretty close to scheduling a checkride for my IR...it's day and night. I feel so much better flying the airplane. Everything just seems to make more sense and spending about 30 hours staring at instruments with a hood on also helps you control the aircraft. I'm at about 110 hours tt.

Congrats on the PPL. I would strongly recommend going for your IR.

I got my PPL at about 42 hours and i'm pretty close to scheduling a checkride for my IR...it's day and night. I feel so much better flying the airplane. Everything just seems to make more sense and spending about 30 hours staring at instruments with a hood on also helps you control the aircraft. I'm at about 110 hours tt.

Thinking about it I have 48 now and needing something to do or more reason to fly

Congrats! I posted about one of our students who had 1,000 hrs. by the time he took his checkride. It's all good!

You were a recreational pilot when you worked on my airplane! By Odin the wings are going to fall off!

Congrats on the new certification. Nice to not need anyone's say so to go somewhere. Then again, had you remained a recreational pilot you would have been a rare bird indeed. Not so many of those given out.

Good job Vandy Ol' buddy. Still can'e believe you were flying those people around for so long before your PP checkride :)

Back