1100 nm XC from a student perspective

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
I am starting a 1100 nm today from KPAE to KFAR and I will take this opportunity to document my travel as best as I can. For sake of disclosure, I am pre-solo, flying with a pro pilot, right seat. Right now it's 100ft ceiling, planning a IFR departure in about 1 he with 300 BKN, climb to top and do VFR on top to cross cascade via Stevens pass. This is going to be a epic journey for me, for most I would think, especially when it's so early in training. Stay tuned.
And yeah, we will have flight plan, FF and most imp of all, I have AOA

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Keep us informed! I always wanted to do a proper long XC in a GA plane

I did one of those as a student also, 1097nm. My instructor does some corporate stuff and was flying a couple to Florida to get on a cruise, I sat right seat and enjoyed the flight till we dropped the passengers off, then I got to fly back home. It was a fantastic learning experience. Have fun and be sure to post a write up on the trip.

Write up coming later... Too exited to type now. At KCOE

Best thing I have ever done. No doubt
85845452f62ca465ed37e4f2554c3133.jpg
f618035d9c02c54fa6411b1b6eacdf84.jpg
d726d1d96853fbaf94ca2dd4c3cd5a66.jpg
5ba8fe0fa40f2ad0647ccfade4080b5c.jpg

Lovely pictures!

What kind of plane?!? Make sure none of those peaks go above the horizon!!!

Fantastic! Have fun!

I am starting a 1100 nm today from KPAE to KFAR and I will take this opportunity to document my travel as best as I can. For sake of disclosure, I am pre-solo, flying with a pro pilot, right seat. Right now it's 100ft ceiling, planning a IFR departure in about 1 he with 300 BKN, climb to top and do VFR on top to cross cascade via Stevens pass. This is going to be a epic journey for me, for most I would think, especially when it's so early in training. Stay tuned.
And yeah, we will have flight plan, FF and most imp of all, I have AOA

N Number so we can watch on flight aware!

Wait....here it is....

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N8121K

Taper wing in 79 so 181 is the correct designation.

And he really does have an airline pilot for PIC, they filed for GEG and over flew the destination and landed at COE. Must have been working with the new scheduling software and didn't notice.

We made a change and overflow Spokane on puporse. At billings now. 4 hr of hand flying... boy am tired and excited at the same time. Time to grab something to eat and head out for the next let. Bismarck, but depends on how long we take to it. Flying over mountains in the afternoon isn't fun, but boy I got used to some turbulance. It's an archer Ii

Bismark... 3.5 hrs... from billings... 23 gal.. am loving this

Good to hear you guys made it over the mountains in daylight. Now ya got to fly over the unpopulated prairie at night. It can be a lot like IMC.

It was all IMC, with practically nothing between miles city and Bismark and then here, fargo . 12 hrs of flying today.... expect a debrief over the weekend. I am going to get some much needed sleep now

Back