11 years Epileptic Free - FAA Medical Exam

I do have AMEs within driving distance and I can call around looking for a consult. Any reason I should not trust any random AME that I find over the two recommended here?

I do have AMEs within driving distance and I can call around looking for a consult. Any reason I should not trust any random AME that I find over the two recommended here?

No, but if you post names someone here might be able to advise.

I don’t know the particulars of your situation, but some missteps by an AME can cause unnecessary delays and expense. If you read old posts on this forum you’ll find some bad experiences, but I suspect they’re rare.

Any reason I should not trust any random AME that I find over the two recommended here?

Yes. They specialize in difficult cases. A "random" AME may just defer you to OKC, and then you're in that meat grinder without any help. Drs. Lou and Bruce will be with you every step of the way, and help you jump through the many hoops the FAA might put in front of you.

Not an AME, but conservative enough to say "Better Safe Than Sorry" and expect that providing a "clean bill of neurological health" from the proper doctors will be in your future and part of the process.

The system is often one of "the timebomb still exists until you can prove it is permanently diffused". So it is in the applicant to submit the information that not only fits the tabs and slots properly, but answers all the questions.

To get started read the following: https://tinyurl.com/ame-consult

By going for a consult to the right senior "difficult case" AME who has helped others with histories such as yours, you will not only know what documentation the FAA wants, but will find a doc who can be your advocate as your submission winds it's way through the review and approval process.

PS. Whatever reports and documentation is needed, it needs to be recent, as in within 90 days of your application or submission. So older items from years ago can be provided, but only as supporting evidence to the very recent examination, evaluation, and physician report.

Great advice.

No wonder, I now see you're an Aggie, Gig'em.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back