107 Magazine Covers

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
Thought I'd share this since you guys have always supported me! I was thinking I had passed 100 magazine covers, so I added them up... yep, 107!

52768567979_211d8a9d07_b.jpg

Congratulations on reaching triple digits, and best wishes as you approach quadruple. What magazine and issue carried your first cover photo, and which other special favorites do you have framed?

Congratulations on reaching triple digits, and best wishes as you approach quadruple. What magazine and issue carried your first cover photo, and which other special favorites do you have framed?
Thanks, I'll never make quadruple, to much work and I have other plans for the future! I actually left a few off by mistake. I think the first one was actually a magazine called Ultraflight which became Powered Sport Flying. I got into Air-to-Air photography taking photos of Powered Parachutes. Capturing the sunlight shining through those colorful canopies was a lot of fun.

Favorites... that's tough. I have fond memories of most of them, but some were special. My first cover with EAA. My first cover with Plane&Pilot. My cover with @GaryV will always be special. He got me the job with Cessna Owners. Getting a Staggerwing on the cover of Sport Aviation is a high point!

5632880249_8d08cdc863_c.jpg

Impressive stuff, man! Congrats!

Impressive! And well-earned. Your work is great. Will you be at Sun N Fun this year?

Wow!
Just from reading your posts for these past few years you feel like a friend of mine.
So I can now tell people that a friend of mine is a famous and successful pilot/photographer with hundreds of magazine covers to his credit!
(so what's a little white lie between friends?)

Congratulations! That is awesome!
Impressive stuff, man! Congrats!
Great work!
Congrats!
Thank you all!!

Impressive! And well-earned. Your work is great. Will you be at Sun N Fun this year?
Thank you! No, once again I'll miss Sun N Fun. Every year I say I'm going to make it, EAA has invited me, just too many things on the schedule. Oshkosh, Blakesburg, maybe Reno (doubtful) and hopefully a fly-in in Racine, WI. No rest!

Wow!
Just from reading your posts for these past few years you feel like a friend of mine.
So I can now tell people that a friend of mine is a famous and successful pilot/photographer with hundreds of magazine covers to his credit!
(so what's a little white lie between friends?)
Thanks! Most of us a friends who haven't met yet! It's fun when I go to OSH and people call out my name. Either I met you and can't place a name with the face, or you know me from my work and we've never met. Mostly I think it's guys who like to see that panicked look on my face!

very nice. Of the 107 what are the model types? Bet you don't have a Beech Sport. Come on up to AK and shoot mine before I sell it this fall...:rolleyes:

Really nice to see someone be able to have great success creating these. I just don't have that photographic gift, but I do admire the work.

Back