eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
That's not my temperature, nor is it the radio frequency I'm on. I have passed the 100hr mark in my logbook! The 4.2hrs I put on this past weekend put me over 100.

That is all, have a nice day!

Congrats,remember it's only a number.

How many landings?
That is my favorite metric.

17.2 to go before you've spent a week of your life at the controls of an aircraft!

Congrats on the milestone!

How many landings?
That is my favorite metric.

eh, a whole freakin lot. when I was (being milked) in training, it was pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work......so I have my share of landngs lol.

how many GOOD landings? that's another story hahah.

Oh, I was going to say, that's my favorite radio station.

That's not my temperature, nor is it the radio frequency I'm on. I have passed the 100hr mark in my logbook! The 4.2hrs I put on this past weekend put me over 100.

That is all, have a nice day!

Oh, I was going to say, that's my favorite radio station.

I don't think so. FM stations are on odd multiples of 100 kHz. 102.8 would be between two stations. :D

And to the OP - good job. Keep on having fun.

eh, a whole freakin lot. when I was (being milked) in training, it was pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work, pattern work......so I have my share of landngs lol.

But how many takeoffs ? :D

I suspect Milked refers to CFI trying to get more money out of him.

I don't think so. FM stations are on odd multiples of 100 kHz. 102.8 would be between two stations. :D

And to the OP - good job. Keep on having fun.
Depends what part of the world you live in.

Similar story here but it was my own doing for the most part. I took a few months off of training to "Play with my airplane" before going back to get ready for the checkride. My ratio of hours to landings is a bit off.

180 hours 553 Day landings 60 night.
But I really struggled with landings so I would spend hours in the pattern a few days a week.

Similar story here but it was my own doing for the most part. I took a few months off of training to "Play with my airplane" before going back to get ready for the checkride. My ratio of hours to landings is a bit off.

180 hours 553 Day landings 60 night.
But I really struggled with landings so I would spend hours in the pattern a few days a week.

I gotta get better at night landings, I have 18 total.....

LED light.
Then you will never have another night landing :)

But for real, make sure you have them down before fall/winter rolls around.
when the days get shorter you find yourself landing at night a lot.

Start flying the pattern near sunset and keep going each landing will be slightly darker and darker gradually. It will help you dial them in.

I am still debating how much I want to fly at night after the KDTO deal last month.
That one really got me thinking a lot.

But for real, make sure you have them down before fall/winter rolls around.
when the days get shorter you find yourself landing at night a lot.

Start flying the pattern near sunset and keep going each landing will be slightly darker and darker gradually. It will help you dial them in.

I am still debating how much I want to fly at night after the KDTO deal last month.
That one really got me thinking a lot.

Good point about fall. I started looking into the LED light thing but havent really pulled the trigger.

The KDTO thing does make you pause about night flights. I think as long as you maintain your engine and have a detailed flight plan for emergency options you are going to be in good shape. Night flying is just overall more risky....

Night flying, even at KDTO, is something I really enjoy. Especially when you can watch a really pretty sunset happen.

Bryan I have to give you props for your night landing at 52F. I had forgotten how badly the runway lights are setup for that field (not on the edge of the pavement and not set so the centerline of the runway is exactly between the lights. The offset will bite you if you don't know about it)

Night flying, even at KDTO, is something I really enjoy. Especially when you can watch a really pretty sunset happen.

Bryan I have to give you props for your night landing at 52F. I had forgotten how badly the runway lights are setup for that field (not on the edge of the pavement and not set so the centerline of the runway is exactly between the lights. The offset will bite you if you don't know about it)

Thanks, I have gotten pretty used to it at this point.
Flying at 52f is like swinging the baseball bat with the weight on the end of it.

We relocate to DTO on June 1. Looking forward to a runway that is double the length and width.

Cool discussion... I need to tally it up, I'm in the 95-100 range.

Also a good reminder to check my night currency. Flying at night is awesome but I don't do it that often because of the little voice in the back of my head that says, what if the fan stops?

Also a good reminder to check my night currency. Flying at night is awesome but I don't do it that often because of the little voice in the back of my head that says, what if the fan stops?

I don't like to do it because my depth perception seems to be off about 5 feet at night.

I ask myself that question throughout all my night flights.
I don't know what the right answer is but I really think I would take my chances with power lines and light poles vs guessing which black void might be a field.

I ask myself that question throughout all my night flights.
I don't know what the right answer is but I really think I would take my chances with power lines and light poles vs guessing which black void might be a field.

My last cfi told me a water landing is one of the better options for an emergency landing at night.

get as close to the water as possible and stall it tail first into the drink. He told me it takes about 10 minutes for the plane to sink, obviously that's if you managed to not flip it on it's lid.

Back