$100 for pizza hut for saving my dog during the metallica concert.

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
There I was. Kid free with my wife at the midpoint of the Metallica concert in Dallas.

20170616_213751.jpg

My wife goes to the restroom. She comes rushing back and says words that I will never forget "Bryan pizza hut has our dog"

I went through my Rolodex of memories from the last 17 years to try and remember when the last time she took acid was and if she was possibly having a flashback but I was coming up with nothing.

Mom and dad were watching the kids I had to get up in the morning and fly to New York. my wife and I decided we would go to the concert and then go spend the night at my parents house. It was a perfect plan.

However we recently got a new dog it's a Catahoula and it's very small.

20170608_220307.jpg

She's the one on the right. Well it seems well we are at the concert she managed to squeeze out of the gate and decided to go on a journey around the neighborhood. It was then that a Pizza Hut delivery man saw our dog picked her up and took her back to Pizza Hut.

The delivery driver then called my wife and said he had our dog. Unfortunately we were well over an hour away from home. I suggested that maybe he deliver the dog to us since that was his job but he said we were out of his delivery area.

My wife's sister lives close to our house so we called her and asked her if she could meet the Pizza Hut delivery driver and get the dog. We told her to pay him $100.

She did this and got the dog home. That my wife drove home and I drove to my parents house.

Then I flew to New York to go look at an aircraft and as soon as I pulled up to the hanger, I locked my keys in the rental car. so me and the seller got to spend about five hours together trying to break into the car before finally calling a local Thief to help us out.

Screenshot_20170617-223449.png

He got it done.

And now I'm at a Holiday Inn Express in Connecticut and I kid you not the fire alarm is going off and I think I'm just going to sit here and keep watching the news.

Hashtag beep beep beep beep

How was Metallica's live show? I'm seeing them for the first time (finally!) on this tour.

Honestly the sound was terrible. They're great and all that but the particular stadium that I saw them at AT&T Stadium was a horrible venue. All three bands sounded horrible the mix was bad it was just drums and low rumbling you can barely discern the guitars and the vocals were buried in the mix. It was horrible. but they do put on a phenomenal live show the visuals were great I hope you get to see it in an arena that is better than our stupid ass Stadium here in Dallas

So let me get this straight.. dog runs away, Metallica concert had iffy sound, you locked your keys in a rental car, and now you have a fire alarm going off.

Y'know the crew of Apollo 13 aborted their landing after just ONE failure. Just saying. ;):p

One time an office door at work got locked and no master key available. We had a guest of the facility break in to the door by cutting the side off of a Gatorade bottle.

It was that day that I learned claymores are the only sure security.

"....if it twernt for bad luck, I'd have no luck atall....
Gloom, despair, and a Cheeveler for me."

ddbb0d4d466323f86296673b4db2f34c.jpg

Your Pizza Hut guy sounds like an episode I was involved in from about a year ago.

i was working in the driveway and a small dog, looking very old, wandered past. He wouldn't let me get close, but he would follow me. I backtracked in the direction he came from and I found one of my neighbors, several houses away, in his driveway. Wasn't his dog, but we put a water bowl out and the dog really started drinking, by then he let us get close enough to check his collar. My neighbor was getting some hardwood floor installed and one of the installers called the phone number on the tag. His end of the conversation went like this, "If you want to see your dog again, you better get to <address>", then he hung up. I kind of think he could have worded that better. The owners eventually showed up, the dog had gotten loose from the next street over.

Wow. . .started as a wolf, and ended up as that. Grotesque. . .

I didn't see, hear, or read anything that gave me pause. Will know more after annual.

Autumn would be the happiest Pomeranian alive if she slipped away from the house and ended up at Pizza Hut! She'd be mad at the driver for calling me!

Note: one of the very few 'people food' items she's allowed is Pizza Crust. When the Pizza guy delivers here she knows she's in for a treat :)

SCAM WARNING!
Per Chief Joe Smaltz in West Framanatze Texas!
Criminals posing as pizza delivery guys are picking up pizza's and knocking on doors in an attempt to lure the dog outside with a slice. Once the dog is out, they call claiming to have "found" the dog and demand a $100 "reward" and agree to meet you in a parking lot to deliver the dog. But, what they really do is hide under their car and when you walk up, they slash your ankle and take you to a hotel room where they remove a kidney and leave you in a bathtub full of ice water with instructions to call 911 when you regain consciousness!

Check it out on Snopes!

Sounds like a heck of a day. How was the plane? Which one you looking into?

Tim

Amusingly we were discussing lockouts last night. A while back, I got a call at about 10PM from a friend. He had locked his keys in the car at the gas station down the street (just a gas-n-go, no services) and wanted me to bring him a coat hanger. I reached into the closet and grabbed a wire hanger but then my devious side got the best of me. I grabbed a plastic hanger and we went over to meet the guy. He just stared at me a long time when I handed him the plastic hanger.

Sounds like a heck of a day. How was the plane? Which one you looking into?

Tim
He has found a Grumman "Cheeveler", which is the Traveler upgraded with the Cheetah engine and a few other updates

Amusingly we were discussing lockouts last night. A while back, I got a call at about 10PM from a friend. He had locked his keys in the car at the gas station down the street (just a gas-n-go, no services) and wanted me to bring him a coat hanger. I reached into the closet and grabbed a wire hanger but then my devious side got the best of me. I grabbed a plastic hanger and we went over to meet the guy. He just stared at me a long time when I handed him the plastic hanger.
Guy seeing the coat hangar and the beginning of the attempt to unlock the car...

"Did you lock your keys in your car?"

"Nope! Just washed it and now I'm hanging it up to dry. Here's your sign"​

Good thing your pooch had a tag otherwise your furry friend would have wound up on the Meat Lover's combo!
Other people's pooches haven't been so lucky.

I am seeing Metallica tonight at Soldier Field. Wife is staying home with the kid and dogs. Taking a limo with my other friends. I think I broke the chain of events leading up to a disaster.

"my wife drove home and I drove to my parents house."

Saddest part of the story.

So you're saying if I "find" your dog, you'll give me a $100? A whole new $100 hamburger run concept!

If it makes you feel any better, I took off from Brainerd, MN with my rental car keys in my pocket. Hertz wants to charge me an extra day for every day they don't have the key. Since I'm going back next week, I just converted it to a weekly rental, which saves the hassle of renting again next week. Thankfully, all I need to do is find your dog twice and I'll be even. Thanks.

Well, you DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

Well, you DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

I absofrukinlutely did!!!!!
I stayed at the HIE in danbury Ct.

Woke up early to try and catch a standby flight and get home earlier but I missed it by 3 minutes so I went to the Sam Adams brew house at Laguardia and had beers and a meatball sub.

Had a great father's day dinner with my kids, dad, and father in law.

This is the start of that particular saga:
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...2-different-part-numbers.103964/#post-2311323

With 6PC we can be certain we are still far from the end of It... :cool:

btw 6PC, we are waiting on pictures!!

Annual was completed this evening. Done by Seller's MX.
Just to be cautious, I hired a 3rd party to do some pre purchase inspection items on Thursday.

After that is complete, I will share some photos of the most glorious aircraft.

Then I will start looking for a second job.

Maybe he will work for Avis since he is having such good luck with rental cars..

Back