$100 burger run destinations relatively close to Wichita?

Kansas Flyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
James
My wife suggested flying somewhere to eat this weekend. We've been to Beaumont, Stearman, Hutch, Paola, Enid, and Ponca City recently so I'm hoping for somewhere new to try that wouldn't be more than an hour or two away.

Anyone know if the airport cafe at Wiley Post in OKC is still open and worth trying? I can't find much about it online.

We're also open to any other suggestions and recommendations and we don't mind a little walk if there is someplace worth going that is within a mile or so of the ramp.

Rogers, Arkansas is a fun day trip. We like Whataburger. The old downtown area is quite pleasant. The Daisy BB Gun Museum is open on Saturdays, but not Sundays. There are plenty of things for you to do for a day. The FBO is owned by WalMart and is quite nice. They have 2 practically new courtesy cars.

How about KSIK and eat at Lambert's? They will pick you up at the airport and take you back after you eat.

Last edited:
K-18 Diner in Lucas Kansas, K34. It is about a 50 yard walk from the tiedowns. It is an old fashioned diner. We have only flown for breakfast, but really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Kind of like stepping back in time just a little bit.

Back