10 Hours Multi Time Building

NKTFlyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
NKTFlyer
I'm looking for about 10 hours of Multi time building sometime in January '17. I am in Eastern North Carolina and I have a Seminole that goes for $170 dry. We can probably find fuel in the $3-3.50/gal range.

Let's split it. You can be left seat the whole time. I have a strong instrument, night, and XC background so I'm willing to go places. Ask questions here or PM me.

I'm out of New Bern (KEWN). I can likely be convinced to come get somebody in my much cheaper option (buddy's Mooney).

I'm out of New Bern (KEWN). I can likely be convinced to come get somebody in my much cheaper option (buddy's Mooney).

We can split that time, too. Or we can knock out a BFR or IPC, etc, if you need one. Won't be free, but it'll be much cheaper than walking in to your local flight school.

Just curious, you need the 10hrs for the new ATP multi requirements?

We can split that time, too. Or we can knock out a BFR or IPC, etc, if you need one. Won't be free, but it'll be much cheaper than walking in to your local flight school.

I'm a little northwest of Charlotte so New Bern is a bit far. I do want to knock the cobwebs off my ME though. All of my ME time is in a Duchess and I have not flown one since 2011. Getting some more Mooney time sounds like fun as well. I'll have to think about it. It would probably be cheaper to just get some recurrent dual and a checkout locally due to the distance.

Same as above, if it wasn't so far from me I'd be all over the complex time and an ipc...

I'm a little northwest of Charlotte so New Bern is a bit far. I do want to knock the cobwebs off my ME though. All of my ME time is in a Duchess and I have not flown one since 2011. Getting some more Mooney time sounds like fun as well. I'll have to think about it. It would probably be cheaper to just get some recurrent dual and a checkout locally due to the distance.

I agree that it's probably not a cheap proposition if you're not already looking for 10 hours of ME time. If you're still curious, PM me what you think it might be worth to you and maybe we can work something out even if it is short of 10 hours. FWIW, the Mooney can chew through the 200NM from EWN to CLT pretty quickly and cheaply.

But not a multi-engine instructor yet?

Nope. So the big restraints are that you can't log the time unless you're already rated in cat/class and I can't give you the FR or IPC in the twin.

However, if you're just rusty in ME but don't need ME sign offs, I will be through all of my MEI add-on prep and you can go to town on all the engine out tricks you want (or can stand under the hood, since the whole point is for both of us to log PIC). It'll be valuable practice for both of us.

Last edited:
Are you still looking for some ME time building ?

so if i am reading this right... you are looking to build ME time?

so if i am reading this right... you are looking to build ME time?
That is true. About 10 hours. That fact got muddled just a bit as I spitballed some options for overcoming geographical challenges, but that's the bottom line. Looking for a partner (already rated in category and class)to split the cost and hood time.

NKT... Sent you a reply about time building

Back