$1.30 gas!!

We had one gas station at $0.99 for a little while!

How much is it on the dry side?

I paid .79 for diesel....but I had $1 off from Kroger points. Dribbled out as much as I could!

I filled up with Super yesterday. The first place had Regular for $1.639, but wanted $2.95 for high test. I filled up 3 miles into the country for $2.289; still robbery. Then went back and filled up the truck for $1.699 it's close to the house.

Wow. I just filled up on regular at under $2 though I don't use that regularly in my turbo Saab. We're talking Miami here so under $2 was a special treat for me.

Saw 1.38 at the QuikTrip yesterday in Tulsa, haven't looked today. With Iran adding more glut to the market, I'm sure it will keep prices low for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Iran and then Saudia Arabia pumping more to undermine US shale production....

Same gas stations now reported to be $1.22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy! News says they have dropped several times today. Never happens like this. I am about 20 miles away from there and it is $1.69-$1.85 between the two gas stations in my little town.

David

$1.67.9 about ten minutes ago at Quick Trip. Just got back.

About the same around me. But saw $1.599 in Fort Worth last week.

I keep wondering if we'll see sub $1.00.

Then we can tell stories to the kids on how we used to pay 4x that in the olden days.

KSWI, Sherman, TX, is known as one to have some of the lowest 100LL prices in the region. Just checked Airnav.com and we now have an official sighting of less than $3/gal

attachment.php

Anyone who's thinking about getting their PPL need to get busy while the fuel costs are lower... no telling how long this low will last.

I wonder how many FBOs have dropped their aircraft rental rates?

KSWI, Sherman, TX, is known as one to have some of the lowest 100LL prices in the region. Just checked Airnav.com and we now have an official sighting of less than $3/gal

attachment.php

Anyone who's thinking about getting their PPL need to get busy while the fuel costs are lower... no telling how long this low will last.

Nice, self-serve 100ll is still $4.50 at my home drome.

I wonder how many FBOs have dropped their aircraft rental rates?

Around here, some FBOs never raise their rates. Instead, they add fuel surcharges of whatever $/hr they feel they need. That way they can still advertise low rental rates.

Something is going to have to break. Gas has never been this cheap since 1929!!! Only 1929 because the chart I'm using only goes back that far.

Gas shouldn't be this cheap. Even though it is nice.

Something is going to have to break. Gas has never been this cheap since 1929!!! Only 1929 because the chart I'm using only goes back that far.

Gas shouldn't be this cheap. Even though it is nice.

I am assuming you mean corrected for inflation.

I was going to say it had to be before inflation cause I remember .99 cent gas in the early 90s.

David

Deja vu all over again...As a teenager in the early Seventies I recall hunting for regular gas (no ethanol back then, thankfully) that was below 27 cents/gal to put in the Chevelle SS because it was sooo thirsty- but at least it wasn't a high compression version. However I recall fueling the Beech 18 and the Monocoupes with 80 Octane for about $.80/gal and hearing Dad complain about the cost...those were the days, my friend...

Funny, 5 years ago we were running out of oil. Such a scam.

Oil is still running out. We are just finding ways to better extract it from once inaccessible areas.

The Alberta tar sands are a good example of this. It's only viable in high price times, it has a high energy input for low energy gain, and it's quite low grade oil.

5 years ago I was in college in a earth science class. "Peak oil" production was predicted within 100 years and would then decline rapidly and stop. So, probably not so much of a scam but a prediction.

The issue I have is with all the so-called alternative energy solutions out there which all require oil to manufacture their components. Run out of oil, alternative energy goes down the tubes also.

David

Oil is still running out. We are just finding ways to better extract it from once inaccessible areas.

The Alberta tar sands are a good example of this. It's only viable in high price times, it has a high energy input for low energy gain, and it's quite low grade oil.

Well, technically we have been "running out of oil" since the first oil well was drilled. We extract it much faster than it's produced, but I doubt we'll exhaust the functional supply any time soon. There are plenty of undiscovered and untapped reserves still in existence on this planet. It may require new techniques or expensive capital to extract, but I doubt there's any crisis for well past the next century.

5 years ago I was in college in a earth science class. "Peak oil" production was predicted within 100 years and would then decline rapidly and stop. So, probably not so much of a scam but a prediction.

The issue I have is with all the so-called alternative energy solutions out there which all require oil to manufacture their components. Run out of oil, alternative energy goes down the tubes also.

David

The only problem I have with that comment, is that the products which are made with oil (plastics, lubricants, etc) are done with oil by-products and comparatively small amounts of oil. We could likely supply enough oil for the alternative energy and non-fuel products by running old oil wells that have already been drilled and have low-volume production.

If all of our electric was nuclear/solar/wind/hydro powered (we'll leave out NG since it's related to oil-drilling), and most everyone was driving electric-powered vehicles, the oil production market would still exist if only to provide the volume needed to sustain non-fuel products. Obviously that isn't going to be the case any time soon, but theoretically we would still be able to have alternative energy while using oil production as a much smaller piece of the pie.

No one knows how much oil is left. But it is likely quite a bit. Exxon used to have a graph showing about 1/4 of it has been extracted. But some respected think more like 1/10th. We seem to have these "oh no we are out of oil" crisis now and then. But there is a new problem now. We have to worry about too much CO2. Either we find alternate fuels or learn how to extract CO2 from the atmosphere or we overheat the planet earth and the oceans rise 4'.

The only thing we really know for sure, is no one knows for sure.

I have a feeling we better enjoy the prices while we can. Because when gas goes up, it may really go up, and up, and up, and up.....

There was a funny article about how oil is now below the price of the barrels to put it in, on some website today. Not that anyone actually puts it in barrels much.

I filled up the rental car in Tulsa at 9 AM on my way to turn it in. I couldn't believe the price was so low. 6 hours later I was in my truck leaving LAX heading to the 405 and noticed the price was $1.90 per gallon more. I was not happy.

I have a feeling we better enjoy the prices while we can. Because when gas goes up, it may really go up, and up, and up, and up.....

Based on what?

The Iranians are bringing theirs online. The Saudis show no intention to slowdown.

Saw today that sour North Dakota crude was being "bought" for a negative price. -$0.50 a barrel.

Nice thing is buying MoGas for $2.21 at 12gph. Under $30 an hour to fly a 182.

fc6d4eee7e1d886392b05a809b34ef18.jpg

Makes one wonder who the real cartel is who's decided to devalue it to cut off the flow of money to certain not-so-recognized regimes. Great way to generally remain anonymous and still hurt them. Even if you're a "neighbor" who's pretending to be neutral.

Mean while Teterboro is charging $7+/gal for 100LL Sorry, more like $8 /gal. This makes me :mad:

Somewhere in MI it is supposed to be under 1 $! The lowest I have seen myself is 1.57 $. :)

Back